• Report: #1152061

• Updated: Wed, June 04, 2014

• Reported By: Flgirl — Tarpon Springs Florida
American Express Pre-paid card
Nationwide USA

American Express Pre-paid card Money Pass, Amex, Amex prepaid, Amex Serve, American Express Serve, Serve Card American Express 6-8 weeks to refund money for fraudulant charge Nationwide

I contacted American Express on 5/27/2014 to inform them of two charges on my account(8.77 and 31.98) made to my card that are fraudulent. At that time American Express refunded the 8.77 to my card and said it was a fraudulant charge but said the 31.98 was a valid charge even though they were from the same place. I immediately called back and filed another claim for the 31.98 again staing it was not mine and they said it would be 10-14 days before I heard anything. Today, June 4th, 2014 I contacted American Express again and spoke with an overseas agent and she informed me that the discpute was infact finalized and they did this time find it to be a fraudulant charge and the money would be placed back in my account in 6-8 weeks. Of course I got angry and asked why I have to wait so long for my money to be returned to me and she stated that it was just how they do things.

I asked if this 6-8 weeks was in fact in the Terms and Conditions for the card services and sha said she was unsure. I told I would be calling the Attorney Generals office and the Florida Division of Consumer Services. She told me to do as I feel necessary and disconnected the call. I will be filing a complaint and closing my account.

To any one thinking about getting one of the Serve Pre-Paid accounts I wouldn't suggest it unless you loke losing your money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2014 09:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Express/nationwide/American-Express-Not-being-refunded-for-fraudulent-charges-New-York-Nationwide-1141682. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without th

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2014 09:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Express-Pre-paid-card/nationwide/American-Express-Pre-paid-card-Money-Pass-Amex-Amex-prepaid-Amex-Serve-American-Expre-1152061. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Express Pre-paid card