Complaint Review: American Express Prepaid

• Submitted: Sat, May 05, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, May 05, 2012

• Reported By: BigBlueOcean — Reno Nevada United States of America
American Express Prepaid

American Express Prepaid, American Express No access to the account unless you give your full social security number and mother's maden name, Internet

I got an American Express Prepaid card.  I got the card for use on the internet to limit my exposure to any ne'er-do-well who might, on some oft chance, be doing some scam on the internet.  So I went to the internet and applied for the American Express Prepaid card. (see the irony?)

Once I got the card, I setup the account access for online -- but -- I have never been able to access the account online since. WHEN -- I call to get access, Sam or Peggy or John from over in India require the full social security number and the mailing address and even asked for my mother's maiden name before they would be able to forward me to someone who could help me, since they were patently unable to do A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G!

The supervisor, supposedly, had equally perfected the inability to have any other remedy that getting the social and address and all confidential commercial information about my legal person!  When they made the alleged attempt to call the 'real' American Express, there was no answer and they were not allowed to provide the number they supposedly called. [continued below]....
.....

So... I'll just have to wait until some Nigerian scam ring ends up with whatever information Rageed and Parmeetha (whatever Sam and Peggy's real names are) were able to acquire. {I'm not claiming they are all scammers, but when there is no other remedy than handing out a social and maiden name and address over the phone to some foreign national...  scam}

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2012 02:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Express-Prepaid/internet/American-Express-Prepaid-American-Express-No-access-to-the-account-unless-you-give-your-f-878752. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Express Prepaid