Complaint Review: American Express Prepaid/Reloadable card

• Updated: Wed, July 23, 2014

• Reported By: sybal — California
American Express Prepaid/Reloadable card
Nationwide USA

American Express Prepaid/Reloadable card OMG I just called AMEX to ask why my prepaid card is being declined for a 20$ transaction when I have $500 in the account. Well, the card was suspended because it MAY be at risk for fraudulent activity. While on the phone I was logged in and looking at prepaid card suspended so I can't access MY money Nationwide

OMG I just called AMEX to ask why my prepaid card is being declined for a 20$ transaction when I have $500 in the account.  Well, the card was suspended because it MAY be at risk for fraudulent activity.  While on the phone I was logged in and looking at my transactions.  No fraudulent activity whatsoever.  Doesn't matter... the card MIGHT be at risk so I can't access MY money until I verify my identity and they send a new card by snail mail.  They estimate 7-10 days.

WTF?  I only use the card to pay online bills or for ATM withdrawals if I have the occasional cash crisis between paychecks. I'm a little short this week and I need MY cash.  Nope. Not gonna happen.  It's THEIR cash for the next 2 weeks.

Thankfully they only have about $500  today but I run about $2000/mo through that account via direct deposit from my paycheck.  I just told the customer service rep I am emptying the account as soon as the new card arrives and they just lost a good customer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2014 06:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Express-PrepaidReloadable-card/nationwide/American-Express-PrepaidReloadable-card-OMG-I-just-called-AMEX-to-ask-why-my-prepaid-car-1164511. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Express Prepaid/Reloadable card