Complaint Review: American Express

• Updated: Wed, October 19, 2011

• Reported By: Ruth — Anderson South Carolina United States of America
American Express
PO Box 650448 Dallas, Tx. 75265-3366 Dallas,, Texas United States of America

American Express I opened this account but have never charged anything to it. However they keep charging me for magazines I have never ordered. Three times since February 2011 Dallas, , Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Suggestion

*Consumer Comment: NO it's NOT legal, change the number, if this keeps being charged close the account

I opened an account with American Express and have never used it.  However on my March, 2011 billing I had a charge of $39.95 for a Home & Leisure Magazine which I did not order.  I called and they took it off.  The very next month my statement showed a credit of $39.95 but

a new charge of $89.95 for another magazine.  I called and after holding on forever I was transfered to a very rude lady that told me I was offered that last October! I told her if I did not respond, did they not think that meant I was not interested?  She very rudely told me "It is taken off".

I received a statement last week and it now shows I owe $65.00 for a magazine called

Skyguide which I have never heard of, much less ordered.  Is it legal for a company to keep doing this?  I do not have the time to stay on the phone for hours to correct their mistakes!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2011 07:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Express/Dallas-Texas-75265-0448/American-Express-I-opened-this-account-but-have-never-charged-anything-to-it-However-the-738270. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Express

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Suggestion

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (USA)

No this isn't legal, and it is probably American Express's side company that is arbitrarily charging you for magazines you haven't ordered. My suggestion is to file reports with the BBB, your Attorney General, the FTC, and any other government agency that monitors billing for unwanted magazines.

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

If they don't like it , tough, Don't make false charges.