Complaint Review: American Express

• Updated: Fri, December 30, 2011

• Reported By: CancerCrab — Adel Georgia United States of America
American Express
P.O. Box 981540 El Paso, TX 79998-1540 El Paso, Texas United States of America

American Express Sold me a Vacation / Didn't Deliver / Made me Pay Anyway! / Lost $5000.00 / El Paso, Texas

Before a Passport was required to travel I purchased my wife and I a week in Jamaica at Sandles Resort. I paid $5000.00 on my American Express Card.

Arriving at the Airport we were not allowed to board the plane. The Airline Attendant said our Birth Certificates would not be accepted. We never embarked on our journey.

We later used the same Birth certificates to acquire a passport.

American Express said "Sorry Charlie" and forced us to pay the $5000.00.

Of course we paid and promptly closed the account.

We have learned, Go VISA, if you want protection.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2011 09:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Express/El-Paso-Texas-79998-1540/American-Express-Sold-me-a-Vacation-Didnt-Deliver-Made-me-Pay-Anyway-Lost-50000-815818. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Express