Complaint Review: American Express

• Reported By: Marcus — Syracuse New York United States of America
American Express
3 World Financial Center New York, New York United States of America

American Express Prepaid Service is a Scam New York, New York

I setup my Amex prepaid card for auto reloads to be debited from my checking acct on the 15th of every month.  According to the Amex prepaid website,   "If you use a bank account as your funding source, the auto reload amount will be withdrawn from your bank account on the scheduled date, and the funds will be applied to the Card two business days later."  It has been 2 business days and the funds have not been loaded to my card despite the funds being debited from my checking account.

Even when I've done manual loads using my checking account, it takes 5 business days.  In today's world it should not take 5 business days for funds to post to any type of account.  I work for a bank and I've seen wires leave, come back, only to leave again in the same day.  This is completely unacceptable from a company that strives on providing world class service.

Amex is more than likely earning interest on the money they have held up, but I cannot confirm this. Hope this helps get them their act in order

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2011 05:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Express/New-York-New-York-/American-Express-Prepaid-Service-is-a-Scam-New-York-New-York-811517. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Express