Complaint Review: American Express

• Submitted: Mon, February 18, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, February 18, 2013

• Reported By: James — Essex Missouri United States of America
American Express

American Express Bluebird by American Express unable to use remote deposit of check , Internet

I purchased a bluebird by American Express because it was advertised as allowing remote deposit of checks using a smartphone. Either iPhone or Android were supposed to work.
The first two checks I deposited were accepted after numerous attempts. The third check was declined a number of times, even though all of the checks were identical except for the amount. Each time I attempted to contact technical support, I was told that I was not allowed to speak with tech support unless they wanted to talk to me. After great effort over the coarse of two days, I was able to speak with a supervisor who put me in touch with April from technical support.
Tech support tried to help me, speculating that the reason the check was denied was because of the was it was printed, even though the other two checks were printed exactly the same. I was able to get April to admit that she was able to see the information on the check clearly.
I was finally transferred to the check department and the person I talked with also agreed that she could see the amount of the check, but she told me that there was nothing else they would do.
I made one more attempt with a supervisor at bluebird and was told they would not be able to help me any further.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2013 05:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Express/internet/American-Express-Bluebird-by-American-Express-unable-to-use-remote-deposit-of-check-Inte-1016398. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Express