Complaint Review: American Family Insurance Company

• Updated: Thu, March 08, 2012

• Reported By: Christina — Fort Collins Colorado United States of America
American Family Insurance Company

American Family Insurance Company bad faith negotiations, Internet

My complaint is with the AMERICAN FAMILY INSURANCE COMPANY, not the agent who sold me the policy. In April, 2008, my car was struck by another car. The entire accident was recorded on a video camera mounted on the truck ahead of me. I sustained a cracked sternum, a sprained left hand, a battered left knee and a pinched nerve in my left hip. The other driver was cited, and his insurance company paid me the full amount of his coverage: $25,000.

My policy with the AMERICAN FAMILY INSURANCE COMPANY has $250,000. uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, I applied to it for $60,000 to cover my medical expenses . MERICAN FAMILY INSURANCE COMPANY denied my claim on the grounds I had received money from the other drivers company.

Finally, after two years, the AMERICAN FAMILY INSURANCE COMPANY offered me $5,000. Early next month my lawyer and I go to mediation. If that fails, we will go to court. Somewhere in those two sessions I expect a gag order to be put on all information pertaining to this case. So I am writing this now. Regardless of the outcome, I want prospective customers to know AMERICAN FAMILY INSURANCE COMPANY does not stand behind its product. If I had known then what I know now, I would never have contracted to have them be my insurer.  BUYER BEWARE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2012 01:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Family-Insurance-Company/internet/American-Family-Insurance-Company-bad-faith-negotiations-Internet-850725. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Family Insurance Company