Complaint Review: American Family Insurance

• Reported By: Lavita Booker — Milwaukee Wisconsin United States of America
American Family Insurance
2950 North 38 ST Milwaukee, Wisconsin United States of America

American Family Insurance Roof damaged do to hail Milwaukee, Wisconsin

*Author of original report: Roof got fix

*Author of original report: Ripoff cause of Race

I called American Family Insurance for my roof damaged i had from hail I called three roofing compary for estimates. All three of the roofing comparys told me I had hail damaged. So when the clam field adjuster comes to my house. He tell me no this is not no damaged from hail and also said to me " You people are also trying to get some money" I don't know what that's means but I took as a insult. I have them for 45 years. And now when I need them I can't get any help.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2012 06:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Family-Insurance/Milwaukee-Wisconsin-53210/American-Family-Insurance-Roof-damaged-do-to-hail-Milwaukee-Wisconsin-963426. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Family Insurance

Roof got fix

AUTHOR: Lavita Booker - (United States of America)

On Thusday Nov 8 2012 American Family Big Boss came over my house and give me a check to fix my roof. And also paid me for the insult!! WOW!! I want to thank you guys for your support. I hope eveyone gets their check from American Family.

Ripoff cause of Race

AUTHOR: Lavita Booker - (United States of America)

Please read and you will understand why I feel this way. On October 23rd, I called American Family Insurance concerning roof damage. I called three other roof companies to get an inspection, too; and all three companies arrived and examined our roof. Individually, they said the same thing: I had roof damage from the hail storm dated back in May. J...ay Umbaugh, American Familys Property Claim Field (Senior) Adjuster, came over November 1st to inspect my roof. Promptly after, Mr. Umbaugh informs me that it wasnt hail that damaged my roof but I disagreed. He then made a ridiculous assumption that there was nothing wrong with our roof, so I told him that I am going to contact his boss. Before Mr. Umbaughs departure, said to me: You people are always looking for some money." I took his statement as an insult, as Ive had American Family Insurance for some 35 plus

temporary