Theresa

Thunderbird and Tatum Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

American Family Insurance Bad Service Phoenix, Arizona

*Consumer Comment: I'd agree

*Consumer Comment: Ripoff?

I went into this office to get a quote and asked about a group of general incidents I had heard about regarding American Family Insurance not covering claims (not about a specific person).  I wanted to hear American Family's side. The agent said that since I was asking such a question that I would be a bad client so he would not take me as a client!

I guess American Family thinks that it is above questions. If their attitude is like this now, imagine what they are like when it IS time to file a claim!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2012 05:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Family-Insurance/Phoenix-Arizona-/American-Family-Insurance-Bad-Service-Phoenix-Arizona-867233. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Family Insurance

I'd agree

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

You do sound like you would be a "problem client".

I really wonder what you expected with such a general question from an insurance agent.  The most you probably would have gotten is some "Generic" statement that I am sure you would have complained because you felt they were just "towing the company line".  He probably saved himself hours of aggravation by not taking you as a client.

Ripoff?

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

I must have missed the part about where they ripped you off?

" I went into this office to get a quote and asked about a group of general incidents I had heard about  "

I'm not sure what "general incidents" are supposed to be, but I'm sure that the agent figured that time would be better spent not responding to vague inquiries.   I can't blame them for pegging you as a waste of time.

" The agent said that since I was asking such a question that I would be a bad client so he would not take me as a client!  "

Don't you agree with the agent's assessment?   It sounds like you do.  What's the ripoff?