tool

• Updated: Mon, September 15, 2008

• Reported By:Green Bay Wisconsin
American Family Mutual Insurance Company
Madison, Wisconsin U.S.A.

American Family Mutual Insurance Company Raised My Rates 27% Based On New Credit Scoring Policy Madison Wisconsin

Despite a no claims and a clean DVR for over 20 years American Family saw it fit to raise my auto insurance rates 27%, based on AF's new way of rating their customers perceived level of risk, based on a Transunion credit report on the policy holder. This company will no longer get my business based on how they handled this matter. They send out a renewal notice leaving you to take out your anger on the agent. These cowards didn't even have the courtesy to explain the increase in a letter. The agent is stuck in the middle and deflecting the blame back onto the company, only saying I should request a credit report from Transunion, to see if there is a mistake and to correct it. So today I get a hold of a Kathleen Johnson at AF's 'Credit Response Unit'. She tells me it's her job to field angry calls like mine. It must be, because they created this department to try and calm down their irate customers being ripped of by AF. How ironic that my rate increase is going to pay Kathleen's salary so she can tell me that I'm longer deserving of a very competitive, A+ rate. The ignoramuses at AF management seem to not even care what ill will they have created for me, and I'm sure there are thousands of other policy holders being ripped off by this money grubbing policy. In today's difficult economy, the American family is being squeezed and drained of any extra cash, that they need to support their families. Another Ironic statement is that, American Family comes along stealing their hard earned cash out of the American Family pocket. Is there something we as consumers can do to stand up to these criminals and their anti family business practices. I told them I would do everything in my power to expose these thieves for who they really are. Maybe we as consumers need to organize a boycott and I'll be the one to lead it. I have the Internet skills to expose these criminals and to lead a movement to have policy holders withhold their business. As consumers we have many choices, and AF cannot be trusted to stand behind their coverage commitment, when they can so easily dismiss, so casually, their loyal customer base. Shame on you American Family(Anti-American, Anti-Family. I will seek my insurance needs somewhere else, and do what I can to see that others do the same.
PO'd in Green Bay

P.S. You can leave messages for me with the Rip-Off report. I also will be building a website soon with the keys words of something like American Family raises rates etc. Just Google American Family Rip-Off, etc. I hope to get this site to #1 in Google. It will be an open forum for PO'd policyholders to vent and organize against these criminals.

J.Kris Helf
Green Bay, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2008 06:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Family-Mutual-Insurance-Company/Madison-Wisconsin-53777/American-Family-Mutual-Insurance-Company-Raised-My-Rates-27-Based-On-New-Credit-Scoring-P-373196. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Family Mutual Insurance Company