Complaint Review: American Financial Services-

• Updated: Tue, May 29, 2012

• Reported By: Sherril — Washington Illinois United States of America
American Financial Services-
3511 Silverside Rd. Wilmington, Delaware United States of America

American Financial Services- Emily Simmons, Angelina, Alex & Jennifer Prado Timeshare Sales MAJOR SCAM ARTISTS Wilmington, Delaware

In early March, 2012, I was contacted by Emily Simmons, who told me there was an offer on my timeshare listing. Buyers were eager to purchase my Wyndham timeshare in Branson, MO.  After I accepted their offer, I was transferred to Angelina, who gave me more information and instructions on how to proceed.

A very official-looking, four page Sale Agreement was emailed to me. I checked out the web site, everything seemed legitimate, including the BBB endorsement.  The Sale Agreement was very similar to other sales agreements I have made in the past, worded with legal-sounding phrases, sentences, and paragraphs.  The prospective buyers, Alex & Jennifer Prado, had signed it, with their address as P.O. Box 78, Elmendorf, TX 78112.

The Sale Agreement stated that, "Seller will be responsible for the title work in the amount of $2,276.00, paid to American Financial Services. This is the finance department in charge of all final documents required to transfer the title."  I was to sign the Sale Agreement and send it with my cashier's check for $2,276.00, to AFS Solutions, 2423 S. Orange Ave., #138, Orlando, FL 32806, to the attention of AFS Services, which I unfortunately did.  I was even told I would be reimbursed for the cost of overnight express if I put the receipt in the envelope with the contract and my check.  That never happened.

In the Sale Agreement, it stated, "The date specified for release is Tuesday, May 22, 2012. Upon closing procedure, property will be researched through title clearance for foreclosures or liens."  Se what I mean about sounding professional??

Since May 22, I have tried to contact American Financial Services by phone and by email, with no success.  Angelina's phone is no longer in service.  Today, (May 29)  I looked for the website, and it is no longer there!!

I can conclude that I have been scammed out of $2,276.00, and to top it off, I am still stuck with a timeshare that I do not use and do not want!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2012 12:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Financial-Services-/Wilmington-Delaware-19810/American-Financial-Services-Emily-Simmons-Angelina-Alex-Jennifer-Prado-Timeshare-Sale-889954. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Financial Services-