Complaint Review: American Financial Services

• Updated: Wed, June 18, 2014

• Reported By: Pam Gray — Bloomfield New Jersey
American Financial Services
Orlando, Florida USA

American Financial Services Steve Harris and Erick Jones, called and said I was approved for 10,000 for 36 months for a payment of 250.00 and then wanted 100.00 wired on a Vanilla Reload card and never wired the money, never sent confirmation number of the transaction. Said the FTC prevented them so I am reporting this company to the attorney state general of florida and to the Better Business Bureau. Orlando Florida

On November 6, 2013 I returned a call to American Financial Services and was left a message one week prior to this date

stating that I was approved approved for a loan for up to 10,000. (personal unsecured loan).  I told Steve Harris at 407-608-4084 that I depise scams of any nature. I was told to wire 104.00 to a vanilla reload card and then call and then the accounting department would verify the bank routing and checking account number and I would have the approved amount wired and the amount was never wired. I called the next day and was told that the FTC (Federal trade Commission) would not allow them to in Eric Jones words. Steven Harris was the counselor according to Erick Jones. I was cautious in loading the 104.00 but I did a quick check and the company did not come up with any negatives. I joined United Lending a firm in NYC that gaurantees a loan to the applicant or the membership fee of $39.00 would be refunded.

I applied online and I have been contacted by payday companies who want money up front and knowledge of my bank account before wiring the funds. This Fraud. I am very careful with my bank account informaition and usually enter a prepaid Western Union Meta Bank account and routing number but not a bank account number. I told Erick Jones today to go screw himself and that I would report his company to the attorney state general. How would he like that.

My goal is to rebuild my credit. I depise the Northeast. The FBI and the Attorney State Generals office can handle this company and the staff, reminds me of the movie "The Sting." I was a funding specialist in NYC for two years so I know how the business works. I even told him that. He wanted the 104.00 on the vanilla reload and told me the reason was my personal credit was low and I told him why that I was rebuilding my personal credit from a discharged Chp 7 from Security Fraud in 1998. That was the justification. This company is screwing people and scamming people.

I told him the FTC does not stop loans to personal customers and that he was full of s**t. He said the Government has a freeze on my bank account number, I told him bulls*, I just made a deposit yesterday to it. Screw this company.

Florida is the state and Orlando is the town.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2013 07:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Financial-Services/Orlando-Florida/American-Financial-Services-Steve-Harris-and-Erick-Jones-called-and-said-I-was-approved-1097792. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Financial Services