Complaint Review: American Financial Services

• Updated: Thu, June 14, 2012

• Reported By: Curtis — Marion North Carolina United States of America
American Financial Services
3511 Silverside Rd Wilmington, Delaware United States of America

American Financial Services Scammed me out of $2,276 by pretending to finance the sale of my timeshare to Alex and Jennifer Prado Wilmington, Delaware

I was contacted by American Financial Services in March, saying they had a couple that wanted to buy my Orlando timeshare. They said they don't sell timeshares, they finance them, as well as homes, condos, etc.

The couple, Alex and Jennifer Prado of Elmendorf, Texas, they said, agreed to the price. The clincher for me was that there was a couple by that name in Elmendorf, Texas. They signed a contract that day and forwarded the signed contract for me to sign. I was obligated to pay $2,276 for closing costs, attorney fees, title search, etc.

I signed the contrsact and sent them a cashier's check overnight. Closing was set for May 22. I called each week to see how things were progressing. I spoke to various people, making it sound like a large business.

The Friday before closing I called and asked how closing would be handled.  I would get a package on Monday detailing everything. Monday came and went and no package. Tuesday morning I called and the phone had been disconnected and website taken down. I was out $2,276.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2012 11:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Financial-Services/Wilmington-Delaware-18910/American-Financial-Services-Scammed-me-out-of-2276-by-pretending-to-finance-the-sale-of-897553. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Financial Services