Complaint Review: American Foreclosure Prevention

• Updated: Fri, April 15, 2011

• Reported By: Tim — Many Louisiana USA
American Foreclosure Prevention
7697 Walnut Creek Court West Chester, Ohio United States of America

American Foreclosure Prevention Clay and Polly Lehmann Lied from day ONE !! West Chester, Ohio

*Consumer Comment: American Foreclosure Prevention Saved Our Home.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Rebuttal, American Foreclosure Prevention

I have over 118 emails from this man and his wife promising without a doubt they will get my home loan modified . Come to find out they take one month of what your house note is in advance and then do NOTHING !!!! For over nine months Clay Lehmann said he talked to a certain man at the bank , well this man he talked to for hours and day after day was a Woman , if he had actually ever talke to this person clay would have known this. Our Bank said they had never talked to anyone by the name of CLAY or POLLY LEHMANN , and now thanks to them we are nine months behind in our mortgage . But they were getting our loan modified . I have filed a complaint with the attorney generals office and the federal trade commision , who lehmann says is backing him 100 % . Federal Trade does not know him from Jack n the beanstalk . Everyone out there WATCH OUT for  AMERICAN FORECLOSURE PREVENTION they are predators !!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2010 01:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Foreclosure-Prevention/West-Chester-Ohio-45069/American-Foreclosure-Prevention-Clay-and-Polly-Lehmann-Lied-from-day-ONE-West-Chester-629805. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Foreclosure Prevention

American Foreclosure Prevention Saved Our Home.

AUTHOR: John - (United States of America)

I applied to American Foreclosure Prevention at the recommendation of two of my in-laws that received mortgage modifications thanks to Clay Lehmann.  I can say that the person who fled this complaint is not speaking for the majority of the people who have been serviced by the Lehmanns.  I tried a mortgage mod on my own but was rejected.  I went through a lawyer and was rejected.  Then I found out about AFP from my relatives.  I am sure glad I took their advice.  Mr. Lehamann and his wife were professionals.  He was upfront with me about everything.  They communicated about everything in a very timely way.  Their are professionals in the 1st degree.  I have highly recommended them to other people.  It haven't been able to find complaints from anyone else about AFP's services.  My wife and I are entirely satisfied and happy with the results.  We got our trial modification in about 4 months and now have a permanent one in place.  I can't praise the Lehmanns enough and I recommend them to anyone. JJDJr.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Rebuttal, American Foreclosure Prevention

AUTHOR: Owner - (USA)

I am Clay Lehmann, President of American Foreclosure Prevention. I have been modifying mortgages for homeowners since 2004, and have over 1,100 happy clients to show for it. During all of these years, I have never had a complaint such as this. My reputation and track record speak for themselves, and I welcome anyones due diligence.

The above client applied directly to my website asking for assistance. Here is a chronological list of pertinent events:

2/4/10 The client sent in an initial payment of of a mortgage payment. On that day we faxed our authorization to their mortgage company to act as their Agent.

2/9/10 First meeting with lender, finding that the authorization was not yet processed.

2/11/10 Authorization was confirm and in this meeting we gathered information pertaining to the mortgage and determined that the loan could be modified.

2/11/10 met with client over the phone discussing the meeting with their mortgage company and necessary documents that we would need to be successful.

2/22/10 emailed client for remaining payment (1/2 of a mortgage payment) as is customary. Our fee of one house payment is normally broken down into two payments 2 weeks apart, but we usually allow an extra week or two if the client needs time.

4/15/10 Finally received 2nd payment after many emails back and forth.

5/21/10 received remaining documents needed from client.

5/21/10 Met with mortg company verifying documents needed and loan attributes.

5/21/10 Faxed financial package to mortgage company.

6/11/10 Met with mortg company, our package was received, but still not assigned (normal for this lender, they usually take 45-60 days in this particular department). They asked for a letter from clients lawyer to be faxed to a separate department, which we did.

6/14/10 Letter from lawyer still not processed, asked that we call back in 2 days

6/16/10 Met briefly, letter received and forwarded to workout team with an email requesting assignment of the case to a negotiator.

6/24/10 additional letter faxed to mortg company per their request

7/8/10 met with mortg company, client was declined based on legal issues concerning their case beyond our control. We can re-apply again. This happens on a high % of cases in this industry.

7/9-7/12/10 emails exchanged explaining issues and options. I left voice mails with client to discuss. They have not called me back. A modification is still possible, but requires specific actions on their part that they do not apparently understand.

The above client is in an active bankruptcy, and the case is complex. I still believe I can modify their mortgage, however, they have not returned my calls and a conference is necessary to move forward.

Also, it should be noted that these people never spoke to my wife, Polly. The only emails Polly sent the client pertained to the collection of documents.

I have receipts showing successful fax transmission of documents to the mortgage company on five occasions. We also have documentation of each meeting with the bank in our web-based system. So does the mortgage company. In all fairness to the client, we have seen mortgage companies misrepresent our involvement to clients many times over the years. My records are open for review and the evidence will show we have done what we said we would do, and that our work is not complete due to their bankruptcy, and that they cannot afford to make a house payment with their high bankruptcy payment at the same time. When their bankruptcy payment is reduced or coverts to a Chapter 7 from a Chapter 13, they will be eligible for a modification.