Complaint Review: American Freight Furniture And Mattress

• Updated: Tue, August 25, 2009

• Reported By: Victory — Columbus Ohio USA
American Freight Furniture And Mattress
900 Morse Road Columbus, Ohio United States of America

American Freight Furniture And Mattress This company is a SCAM. KEEP AWAY! Columbus, Ohio

I just bought a loveseat from this store. Sure, I got a great deal on it, but the headache the store and its employees caused made it almost not worth it. The customer service is abysmal. Furthermore, we were told by the manager that the loveseat we bought (on this past Saturday, August 22) would arrive later that day (that store didn't have the color we wanted, so they had one transferred from another store a few miles away). It did not. And we sat waiting in the store and by our truck for half an hour before they told us that. The manager promised us that the loveseat would arrive the next day, Sunday.

We were unable to pick it up Sunday, so we didn't call them to ask if it was there. Monday afternoon, we called and asked if the loveseat had arrived at the store. After being on hold for 15+ minutes, we were told, AGAIN, that it had not arrived. At this point I became extremely irritated and decided that we would go to the store the next day, which was today (August 25) and demand that they either give us our couch or give us a refund.

So today, we went to the store, and no surprise, we were given the run around AGAIN. The man whom I spoke with said that the manager was out sick and only managers can do store to store transfers. This, however, was completely ridiculous, as I find it extremely hard to believe that there was no one present at the store who was covering for the manager who was supposedly sick. That's simply not how businesses are run.

This time, however, I was so irritated that I refused to take the run around crap, and kept arguing with them, and pointing out that the manager had put in the transfer order on Saturday so there's no reason why he would need to be there right now to get the loveseat to the store. After arguing with the man for 10-15 minutes, one of the other workers called the store where my loveseat was and arranged for us to drive out there (a 25 minutes drive, mind you) to pick it up ourselves.

All in all, yes, I saved money on the couch, but I also spent probably $60+ in gas getting to and from the store 6 times, plus driving to and from the other store where I finally got my loveseat. It simply was not worth the hassle.

STAY AWAY. If you do end up buying from them and have a problem, DO NOT just accept their run around excuses...STAY there and ARGUE with them, it worked for me, even though they still were able to screw me, just not as much as they would have liked. And the brilliant twist in this whole scheme of theirs is that all the sales are final and you can only get refunds through the corporate office, and from the other reviews I've read, that process takes 30-60 days and if you did layaway or delivery you will only get a portion of your money back.

This place is a SCAM.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2009 02:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Freight-Furniture-And-Mattress/Columbus-Ohio-/American-Freight-Furniture-And-Mattress-This-company-is-a-SCAM-KEEP-AWAY-Columbus-Ohio-485286. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Freight Furniture And Mattress