- Report: #428761
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: American Freight Furniture And Mattress
American Freight Furniture And Mattress7102 Turfway Dr, Florence, Kentucky U.S.A.
American Freight Furniture And Mattress False information, rude behavior Florence Kentucky
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Here are the facts-
-After the sales were finalized, they disclosed that a chair was broken and will need to be delivered on a later date. We were not pleased with this response, but they told us that they will deliver it free of charge because it was their mistake. Although we did not like the idea of a broken chair being delivered later, we agreed upon it because they agreed to deliver for free
-We were told at least 5-6 times by the sales person that the bed was covered under manufacturer's warranty, as was mentioned on the price tag. When we reached home and checked the receipt, the warranty was not mentioned on it. We thought that they missed to mention it on the receipt. By that time the store was closed. So, we called them first thing in the morning to talk about it. We were then told that the bed was NOT covered under warranty, it was the mattress on top of the bed on display. We then asked about the warranty for our mattress, for that they said that it was not covered and we will have to buy it separately. In the store, it was always told to us that the bed was covered under warranty and so was the mattress that we bought. For both the things, they never told us that warranties were not a part of the purchase automatically, rather they told that they were. Not once or twice, but at least 5-6 times during our interaction
-At that time, we also talked about the broken chair and its delivery. They said that WE will need to pick it on our own OR they will charge full delivery fee. In fact, for a moment we thought that they were treating us differently, but we checked your website and found that their staff is notorious for this kind of misbehaviour. Here is one example- http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/237/RipOff0237365.htm, here is one more that tells about how they lie to the customers- http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/324/RipOff0324584.htm. On the other hand - this is the first case ever that we have disputed. Our credit records and purchase history is clean, with high credit score and no dispute ever. We felt badly cheated and frustrated by the whole incident
- By that time, we decided we did not want to deal with them anymore. So, we asked them to cancel the order. The person on the phone became really rude. He told us that we will need to talk with the sales rep that made the sale to us, and told us to hold the phone. We kept waiting, no one answered. So, we called again and were told that the sales rep was not in store that day. We were told that to cancel the order we'll have to visit the store as they can't do it over the phone
- So, we decided to go to the store to cancel the order. We did not go to the Florence store to cancel the order for a couple of reasons- a) We were told that their systems were centralized, so, we thought it could be canceled from another location just as well; b) We were going towards Tri-county mall for some work on that day. We never went to any of their store to pick up the merchandise. The regional manager in their Tri-county office ill-treated us. When we requested him to cancel the order, he told us to go to the Florence store which was not possible. The store was about 30 miles from there, and it was closing in about 5-10 minutes from then. So, we refused. He called the sales rep who had made the sale to us, and after that he totally ignored us. My family stood there in an anticipation that he will look at us and be sympathetic to us by not making us run to Florance again under those chilli winter conditions. We requested and stood there, and that's all we did. He did not even look at us. Finally, right before the store closing he very rudely said "You know what - NO MATTER WHAT IT IS .. WE ARE NOT CANCELLING AND YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT". If that is not rude and misbehavior then what is? The fact that it was brazenly cold on that day (Please see the temperature records on 20th December, Sunday. It was one of the coldest day of the season) only made health matters really bad for my family. My wife and son both cought cold and fell sick, and then I got it from them. I can show the medical records after Dec 22nd to prove that the exposure to cold that day caused us so much trouble. The irony is that the merchant is stuck with its 'All sales are final' policy and there is no concern about human relations, customer satisfaction and above all, humanity itself
- Now, we are not asking our money back after using their merchandize. The merchandise was never delivered to us, it is still with them. We are asking for it because we do not want to pay for something that we have never used. It is our hard earned money. It is not a small sum. If they do not want to pay us back, we'd still not pick the furniture from them because there is no guarantee that the furniture will be good, and that there will be any further support from them. Honestly, we do not want to deal with the company one bit anymore after our humiliation at their store. We want OUR money, not someone else's
Please let me know if you need any more information from me. I'd be more than happy to do that.
We took up the matter thru BBB also. The merchant agreed to give in-store credit, but we do not want to deal with them anymore after the bad experience we have had with them. We just the want our money back.
We are happy that there is an organization like Ripoffreport that helps people fight for their cause. We appreciate it wholeheartedly.
I am looking forward to your help.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2009 01:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Freight-Furniture-And-Mattress/Florence-Kentucky-41042/American-Freight-Furniture-And-Mattress-False-information-rude-behavior-Florence-Kentucky-428761. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.