• Report: #1172083

• Updated: Mon, August 25, 2014

• Reported By: Anna — Kingston Tennessee
American Freight Furniture-Mattresses
737 Lovell Rd Knoxville, Tennessee USA

American Freight Furniture-Mattresses Santiago Terrible Customer Service- Rude Manager Knoxville Tennessee

American Freight Furniture-Mattress

737 Lovell Rd.

Knoxville, TN.  37822

865-675-8888

Customer Service,

Re:  Purchase on 8/21/2014 of Corinthian Recliner

I was in your store at 2:00 on Thursday August 21, 2014 and purchase a recliner on a credit card.  I was helped your manager Santiago and a district manager who was in the store.

The delivery was by your warehouse young man named PJ on Friday, August 22 at 8:00 in the evening.   When we were putting it together I was concerned that it was too big for the room and we moved some furniture.

The next morning when your store opened I called Santiago and explained the recliner was just too big for the room.  He said, “since it is to big we will take care of you.  I can only issue store credit. “  Santiago asked if I still had the box and packing materials and I said no, your warehouse man took them with him.  He asked me to call him and see if he still had them in his possession.

I called PJ and asked if he had the packing materials and he said, “Santiago knows I dispose of them and don’t have them.”  I said,  Santiago agreed to my returning the recliner and issuing a store credit. “  PJ suggested I go down and pick something out and that way he would only have to make one trip out here.

When I went to the store Santiago asked me again about the packaging materials and I told him once again I did not have them and that PJ did not have them either.    Santiago kept repeating, I need the packaging materials at least 6 times.  He then said, “how do I know you don’t have bedbugs?”

That is when I lost it and threatened to sue him.  He just smirked and I left the store.   I feel Santiago is a very dishonest young man who did not stand behind his word and should not be a store manager.

However, your warehouse person seemed very intelligent and had great customer service skills.

At this point I am asking for a refund, I don’t want to deal with Santiago again.

Anna W******

865-***-**** (((REDACTED)))

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2014 06:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Freight-Furniture-Mattresses/Knoxville-Tennessee-37922/American-Freight-Furniture-Mattresses-Santiago-Terrible-Customer-Service-Rude-Manager-Kn-1172083. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Freight Furniture-Mattresses