Complaint Review: American Freight Furniture

• Reported By: SMB2008 — Massillon Ohio USA
American Freight Furniture
Lincoln Way Massillon, Ohio United States of America

American Freight Furniture No refunds on Layaways?!?!??!?! Massillon, Ohio

This past July I put a set of mattresses in layaway at the American Freight Store in Massillon, Ohio.  The next month I decided that I did not need them in my house so I went to cancel the layaway.  I was told that I would have a store credit for the balance that I paid on the layaway.  When I looked around the service desk, there is a large sign that stats "Refunds on Layways will be issued by Corporate Check."  The associate stated that since it was past the ten days, no refund would be given, only store credit.  I have never heard of such a policy.  Maybe a 10% fee taken from the balance but never a store credit.  Irritated with the attitude of the associate, I went home and called the headquarters in Mansfield, Ohio.  I was given the number to the regional manager and left a message.  My phone rang about 20 minutes later and to my surprise it was NOT the regional manager.  It was the store manager of the location I shopped at.  He basically said, "Sorry about your luck!"  Even more irritated I called the headquarters again the next week.  I talked to a customer service lady and she assured me that she would get a hold of the regional manager and call me back.  Hours went by with no phone call. So I called her again.  Guess what?  She was in a "meeting".  I got a phone call from another man, who said due to the legal department, I could not get my money back!  What?!?!  I have no clue who this company thinks they are but two out of the three people I talked to were rude and very short with me.  Is this anyway to treat customers?  He let me know that if I knew anyone that needed furniture, they could use my credit.  OH Thanks!  I am sending this to let the public be advised that this company is full of rude people and God forbid you ever have an issue with something you purchased from them.  The deal breaker is that it is only $100!!!  I guess this company does such a good business that it is ok for them to lose a customer over $100!  Let me know if anyone else has had such a bad dealing with AMERICAN FREIGHT!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2009 08:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Freight-Furniture/Massillon-Ohio-/American-Freight-Furniture-No-refunds-on-Layaways-Massillon-Ohio-496240. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Freight Furniture