Complaint Review: American Freight Ocala Florida

• Updated: Sat, May 08, 2010

• Reported By: Weezie Bake — Beverly Hills Florida United States of America
American Freight Ocala Florida
1600 southwest17th Ave. Ocala, Florida United States of America

American Freight Ocala Florida Went to pick up furniture I had on LAY-A-WAY ,hold. Told it was not available. Out of stock. Salespersons were very unprofessional and tried to blame me for paying via mail for 2 years. No refunds Ocala, Florida

Went to purchase a sectional at American Freight in Ocala,Florida.  Found a unique sectional in a rich color and micro-fiber fabric.  Put on lay-away. Paid $98.00 extra for fabric protection. Had 24 months to pay on it and remove from lay-a-way. Perfect plan for me because I was re-designing a room and needed time. Paid faithfully...more then minimum payment.  Contacted store periodically to make sure mail in payments were received.  I did receive receipts of payments, except for the last one made in March. Gave a four week pick up notice to store and was told at that time that last payment was not posted. I was told that the balance owed was incorrect, (higher then what I had) and  the furniture I had ordered was a little different then what they had in stock. Lay-a-way is supposed to be exactly what you pick out and are making payments on. It is obvious that they don't even put your order on lay-a-way...otherwise it would be in stock. I told them I would just wait until I could come in before making another and/or final payment. They were fine with that. Got to the warehouse on the exact date that pick up was due. What a mess.  My furniture was not even there.  They told me I must have come in and changed my order because they didn't even remember such a couch. They told me the company  had a no refund policy, even though my contract states differently.  They tried to get me to pick a different item and had NOTHING even close to what I had ordered.  Since I live over an hour away I had hired someone with a truck and trailer to follow me to pick up the furniture. I had to pay gas for both my vehicle and the other rented vehicle.  I was given lame excuses by very uncaring people. I was given a corporate number to call and offered "good luck". I want my money back OR the furniture I ordered, not settling for a replacement that I don't want. All this time I paid money for furniture that was not even put awy for me. This has got to be illegal.  This place has got to be accountable for ther actions.  What a big scam...and to think they are apying employees to rip you off. I will be bringing suit against American Freight as well as contact local news media to investigate this matter.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2010 02:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Freight-Ocala-Florida/Ocala-Florida-34465/American-Freight-Ocala-Florida-Went-to-pick-up-furniture-I-had-on-LAY-A-WAY-hold-Told-i-601285. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Freight Ocala Florida