Complaint Review: American Freight Outlet

• Submitted: Fri, September 26, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, September 26, 2008

• Reported By:Grove City Ohio
American Freight Outlet
W Broad Street Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.

American Freight BUYER BEWARE AND READ THE FINE PRINT ON "DEPOSITS" TO ORDER ITEMS BACKORDERED Columbus Ohio

BUYER BEWARE!
SALESMEN MUST BE TAUGHT TO ATTEMPT TO BAIT & SWITCH!

Out of stock on the item I wanted. Would be 10 days until they got it in. Similar item for 150.00 more was available though. I asked if the set that was similar would be sold to me at the same price as what I originally wanted, was asked if I was kidding? The table is 150.00 more!

After 2 weeks, phoned American Freight to check on the status. Was told that the manager (that had assisted me) was no longer employed there. The item had never been ordered but that it was going to be ordered *that week*. After waiting over 4 weeks for a dinette set that was to be in within 10 days (and paying a 50% deposit just to "secure my order"), I decided to look at the local BBB website and saw that there were over 400 complaints within a 36 month period chain wide. That's when I knew I was going to have a problem.

Was then guaranteed that the set would be in on a specific day, went to finish paying so that I could finally have a dinette set after 5 weeks and shocking, the truck had broke down in transit, so no dinette set (I could even confirm this with their corporate headquarters). I had had enough. I went on a verbal tirade. Told them I wanted to cancel the order and requested a refund and they said they could not do that. In process of disputing with the credit card company's assistance. Will never attempt to do business again with this company. I expect that with their reputation, they won't be in business long.

Cheri
Grove City, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2008 01:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Freight-Outlet/Columbus-Ohio-43228/American-Freight-BUYER-BEWARE-AND-READ-THE-FINE-PRINT-ON-DEPOSITS-TO-ORDER-ITEMS-BACKORD-376268. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Freight Outlet