Complaint Review: American Freight Warehouse

• Submitted: Tue, February 10, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, February 10, 2009

• Reported By:Bowling green Kentucky
American Freight Warehouse
2520 Russellville Rd Bowling Green, Kentucky U.S.A.

American Freight Warehouse American Freight Warehouse sleezy sales tactics Bowling Green Kentucky

My wife went to American Freight Warehouse to purchase a couch. We had shopped for couches at several stores but due to having a large indoor dog we did not want to invest a fortune in a couch that would probably have to be replaced in a few years. First, the store manager, Paul, described the couch as leather. My wife, being recently educated by our shopping experience told him that she thought it was "bonded leather'. He said yes that is correct, "it is a man made leather that is actually stronger than leather" (he now denies ever saying that).

She picked out the couch she wanted, paid for it and they said it would be delivered later that day. Later that day, we received a call from AFW saying that they could not deliver it the same day. I agreed to come pick it up. We got the couch home and 4 different people including myself tried to get the couch in the house to find out the couch will not fit through a standard 35" door. While trying get it in the house, I bumped it against the door frame (lightly) and the "bonded leather" shredded as if I had drug it on the pavement. We had to put it in the garage for fear of rain.

I called Paul and explained the situation. Paul said he figured we had larger doors and that my wife knew it wouldn't fit through a normal size door. I told Paul that we are not furniture experts, we are consumers and we rely on his furniture expertise. He refused to give a refund for the couch and accepts no responsibility for the situation. Be extremely careful when dealing with this company! The sales people look and act sleezy. I am embarrassed that I didn't see the writing on the wall. Lawsuit to follow.

Bowling green ky
Bowling green, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2009 08:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Freight-Warehouse/Bowling-Green-Kentucky-42101/American-Freight-Warehouse-American-Freight-Warehouse-sleezy-sales-tactics-Bowling-Green-K-422726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Freight Warehouse