Complaint Review: American Freight

• Submitted: Fri, December 05, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, December 10, 2008

• Reported By:newark Ohio
American Freight
5055 E. Main St Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.

American Freight Sold us couch and loveseat 1 week later it was broken down I weigh 100lbs come on Columbus Ohio

*Consumer Comment: You are SOOOO right!!!

We bought a couch and love seat off them in on jan 23rd 2008. We paid cash and got it right way, We had it 1 week and it started to break down I only way 100lbs and am the one who sits on it it's in our basement, We have no kids at home so it's not that it is just junk! I still have the tags on it. I called the company several times they said to bad. so I called the manufacturer today and they said it had a lifetime warranty and to call the company well I did to no prevail they said they would call back today but they didn't, I happen to see this sight and thought maybe I could help other people to. So do not buy from them unless you want to sit on the floor like me. This is not right you have a warranty but you can't get it fixed after 1 week.

Tas
newark, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2008 07:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Freight/Columbus-Ohio-43213/American-Freight-Sold-us-couch-and-loveseat-1-week-later-it-was-broken-down-I-weigh-100lbs-398408. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Freight

You are SOOOO right!!!

AUTHOR: Dobie - (U.S.A.)

The stuff I got from American Freight last year is in TERRIBLE shape. It is made very cheap. Within a couple of days the staples (yes, I said STAPLES) holding the fabric onto the back of the couch and loveseat were coming loose. The couch was not against a wall so if you get too close when you walk by you get a big scratch from a staple. We've tried all kinds of ways to secure the cheap fabric-covered cardboard to the back.
I called the store within a month of purchase and, instead of doing anything about it, they said "That sounds like misuse. Furniture is not meant to withstand any type of abuse. The warranty will not cover that kind of damage." This response sounded pretty rehearsed and standard to me. They hadn't even seen the damage. They have no intention of ever honoring warranties.
The cushions and backs are so broken down and misshapen that we moved the set to the basement within a couple of months even though it was meant for the main living room upstairs.
American Freight is a cheap rip-off. The ads look like a great bargain.
DON'T DO IT!!!!!! THERE IS NO BARGAIN!!!!!!!