• Report: #441915

Complaint Review: American General Finance, Yosemite Insurance Co, AIG (they Are All One)

• Submitted: Wed, April 08, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, April 08, 2009

• Reported By:Lakewood Colorado
American General Finance, Yosemite Insurance Co, AIG (they Are All One)
8500 W Crestline Ave Unit G8 Littleton, Colorado U.S.A.

American General Finance, Yosemite Insurance Co, AIG American General Finance, AIG and Yosemite are all one and they are theives! Littleton Colorado

*Consumer Comment: I don't know but

I took out a $1000.00 loan in Feb of 2008 and was "sold" $250 worth of insurance including "Involuntary Unemployment", this insurance company Yosemite Insurance Co, is a subsidiary of American General Finance and their letterhead proudly states "A MEMBER OF AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL GROUP" is part of the loan company and all are under AIG. Therefore they have a vested interest in not paying these claims.... NOTE: This total claim was under $400.00. They have ruined my credit by reporting 3 months worth of payments as over 90 days late!

I was laid off of my job on 12/1/08 and called to file a claim right away. I was told to wait 30 days, I did so and then sent the docs right away (Jan 2, 2009). They gave me the run around for months, I filed complaints with the BBB and the Insurance board in IN. Now they are saying that they are not paying the last payment on my claim because by the time they opened my claim made it too late for the last payment to be covered???

Now I have to pay the balance of about $150 or lose my Pathfinder! I have no job and do not understand how AIG can take my tax dollars int their big bailout and not pay on the claim I rightfully made, on insurance there company sold me! American General Finance told me they are having a lot of problems with these claims lately, of course they are itis their own company why would they pay?

It is sure a case of BIG business stomping on the little people after they got a big handout from us...

Terri
Lakewood, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2009 12:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-General-Finance-Yosemite-Insurance-Co-AIG-they-Are-All-One/Littleton-Colorado-80232/American-General-Finance-Yosemite-Insurance-Co-AIG-American-General-Finance-AIG-and-Yos-441915. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American General Finance, Yosemite Insurance Co, AIG (they Are All One)

I don't know but

AUTHOR: Susan - (U.S.A.)

You took out a $1000.00 loan on a Pathfinder in February 2008. It is April 2009 and the pay off is only $150 dollars?

Pay the $150 to keep the vehicle and pay it off then fight the insurance later.