Complaint Review: American General Finance

• Submitted: Sat, September 11, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, September 11, 2004

• Reported By:indianapolis Indiana
American General Finance
601 NW 2nd St. Evansville, Indiana U.S.A.
  • Phone: 765-529-5890
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

American General Finance Stole Identity...Took Loan, re-paid....then someone in branch used identity and took loan and ruined my credit... New Castle Indiana

I recently found this on my credit report. I obtained a loan from American General Finance company in approximately 08/95.
This personal loan was paid in full in 08/97. All payments were not only on time, they were early. When I recieved my credit report, to my discovery someone at this bank branch or someone with my information apparently took a loan for $921.00 and then charged it off on my account. This is fraud. I'm just sorry I didn't catch this earlier. I will get to the bottom of this but my warning to all is we are all in jeopardy of identity theft...Check your report offen.....

Michael
indianapolis, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2004 05:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-General-Finance/Evansville-Indiana-47708-1013/American-General-Finance-Stole-IdentityTook-Loan-re-paidthen-someone-in-branch-use-107912. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American General Finance