Complaint Review: American General Finance

• Submitted: Tue, May 24, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, May 24, 2011

• Reported By: Leah — somewhere Illinois U.S.A.
American General Finance
Internet, Illinois United States of America

American General Finance SpringLeaf Financial Rude, horrid, obnoxious, I could go on forever... Internet, Illinois

I made the mistake of going to AGF for a loan when my Ex stopped paying child support (one of 3 Christmases he did that).  I needed help with bills, Christmas.  Interest rate was outrageous in the first place, then popped up to 33% at some point when I was late with a payment. (My fault, I did however let the store know when I'd be in to pay.)  It's just gone downhill since.

I lost my job, the store wouldn't make payment arrangements at all to accomodate my budget, and I can't bleed money, they refused to take partial payments.  Finally went to their collections...they threaten with a lien against your property anytime you're late, refuse to adjust payment if there's an issue and rude doesn't even begin to describe their tactics.  Harassing, threatening and insulting are closer, but even they don't come close.  I'm done...they're going to get their payment as soon as I can come up with it (as I have always done since making this arrangement), but they'll get it in pennies at the store.

I don't deny that I bear responsibility here, I took the loan out with them...I was desperate, and it was a mistake.  I have always attempted to work with them and they refuse to budge.  It's not as though I refuse to pay, there are times when I simply can't pay it when they want the money, but they don't want to hear that.  All they want is their money.  I don't care how desperate I get in the future, it will be a cold day in the Sahara before I ever go to this company again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/24/2011 03:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-General-Finance/Internet-Illinois-/American-General-Finance-SpringLeaf-Financial-Rude-horrid-obnoxious-I-could-go-on-forev-732728. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American General Finance