Complaint Review: American Grant Information And Verification Department

• Submitted: Thu, March 24, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, March 25, 2005

• Reported By:East Aurora New York
American Grant Information And Verification Department
8664155154 Buffalo, New York U.S.A.

American Grant Information And Verification Department Called me and tole me that I needed to give them my bank account # to verify my $5000 grant. Buffalo New York

*Consumer Comment: NEVER give your bank account number or credit card number to someone who CALLS you

I was called this morning, (3/24/2005) by an individual who barely spoke english and referred to himself as Brian Adams. Associate # 2209. He told me that I was picked to receive a federal grant from $5000 up to $25000 in order to pay my bills.

He said it was because I had paid my taxes on time and that I had never filed bankruptcy. I even gave him a fake name and he told me that he had my bank account info and that I just needed to give it back to him in order to verify it. I told him that I wouldn't and he became hostile towards me but yet didn't get off the phone with me for another 5 minutes. I told him that if he had my bank info then to repeat it back to me and he kept asking me if I had a check book handy. He finally hung up and got nothing from me. Please be aware of these con artists.

Grant
East Aurora, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2005 11:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Grant-Information-And-Verification-Department/Buffalo-New-York/American-Grant-Information-And-Verification-Department-Called-me-and-tole-me-that-I-needed-136263. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Grant Information And Verification Department

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

That was smart Grant. Too many people give their account number and then the mystery voice on the phone says "That is right."

Of course NEVER give your bank account number or credit card number to someone who CALLS you. You have no idea who that person is.

philosophical