allowances

• Updated: Mon, March 21, 2005

• Reported By:Duncan Arizona
American Grant Information And Verification Department
Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

American Grant Information And Verification Department ripoff, Woman,with poor english, claims I've been selected and approved to receive a grant for 5000.00 to 25000.00. Phoenix Arizona

This morning a woman called and with very poor broken english,identified herself as Cheryl Johnson with the above named Company. She said I had been selected and approved to receive a federal grant for $5,000 which could go to $25,000.

The federal government was giving out a few of these grants, which did not have to be repaid, to hard working, tax paying, citizens of the United States, it was free money. She just had to verify a few things, transfer my call to another dept, which would record the call and give me my claim number.

She then read my address correctly, and asked where I banked. I told her, and she read my routing number to me, bank routing numbers are fairly simple to get, but no good without the account number. It's like my ripoff acct, no good without the password. Next, she said my account number was in front of her, but to verify that I was really the person approved for the grant, I needed to read my account number back to her.

When I was reluctant giving that information, she spent several minutes assuring me this wasn't a scam and they had no interest in my money, only in getting me the grant money. She was upset that I didn't trust her and her associates, but when I hung up, I felt more secure about my bank funds and information.

I called my bank and phone company right away to alert them of this phone call, and ask if they would send out warnings to their patrons about never ever giving out this type or any other information to unsolicited callers.

Beverley
Duncan, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2005 11:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Grant-Information-And-Verification-Department/Phoenix-Arizona/American-Grant-Information-And-Verification-Department-ripoff-Womanwith-poor-english-cl-135952. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Grant Information And Verification Department