Complaint Review: American Grant Information Guide

• Submitted: Wed, June 22, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, June 22, 2005

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
American Grant Information Guide
106-21A 97th St. Ozone Park, New York U.S.A.

American Grant Information Guide ripoff promised 5000 and took 249 out of account without authorization Ozone Park New York

I was contacted by this comapny after doing an online search for grant information. I was told that I was eligible for $5,000 in govermant grants. All I had to do was verify some info so that it could be deposited in my account. At first they were very helpful, gave me comapny information when requested and all that.

Then I asked if there was a cost, the following tap dance made me skeptical and then it sounded like I was being recorded. I told the person I was talking to that I wasn't comfortable anymore and wanted to think about it. He said fine, we'll just send you the packet and charge your account. I told him he wasn't authorized to do that that. He got off the phone as quickly as he could.
I called the number I was given the next day and left a message that I wasn't interested and that they had no authorization to remove money from my account and not to send anything. I got a packet int he mail and my account was charged. I sent back the packet and am now trying to get my money back.

Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2005 04:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Grant-Information-Guide/Ozone-Park-New-York-11417/American-Grant-Information-Guide-ripoff-promised-5000-and-took-249-out-of-account-without-147141. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Grant Information Guide