Complaint Review: American Greetings card

• Updated: Mon, January 16, 2012

• Reported By: melkam — arlington Virginia United States of America
American Greetings card
Blue mountaine Internet United States of America

American Greetings card American geeting is taking money directly from my bank. I sign for 3 month trial, they are taking anual membership fee strait from my bank. when you call, it is automotive telephe service. I need them Internet, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Roadblocks to cancellations

*Consumer Suggestion: I found this on the website....

American greeting card service is taking out unauthorized money directly from my bank. I try to contact them there is no one to talk. It shows annual fee on my bank report. I have sign a year and half ago for 3 month trial. I want them to stop taking my hard earn money and I want people to because,

Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2012 03:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Greetings-card/internet/American-Greetings-card-American-geeting-is-taking-money-directly-from-my-bank-I-sign-fo-822850. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Greetings card

Roadblocks to cancellations

AUTHOR: San Francisco, CA - (United States of America)

I have to sympathize with the person who filed this complaint. I attempted to cancel within my trial period, only to find that American Greetings doesn't allow any cancellations via their web portal or emails. It can ONLY be done via the phone. However, there is of course no way to prove you ever called--so if the subscription isn't cancelled as agreed, you have very little recourse. It's very clearly a rigged system, in favor of making cancellations VERY difficult. It was no accident that you couldn't find more about the cancellation policy--you can only discover that the service can't be cancelled via the web or email AFTER you've subscribed. Since I've cancelled my subscription, I can't get access to that text on their site--and would have to re-register to copy and paste it. Ask yourself, why on earth would they you have to be logged in to discover more details about the cancellation policy? Here's the message:

"My Account : All About my Paid Membership

Can I cancel my subscription?

To provide accurate instructions on how to cancel, we need you to sign-in first. We apologize for any inconvenience."

See this link:

#2 Consumer Suggestion

I found this on the website....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Trial Periods

In order to allow our customers an opportunity to sample our Products and Services, occasionally we offer trial periods during which customers register for a Subscription and enjoy all of the Subscription benefits.  If you sign up for a trial period and cancel during the trial period the payment information provided will not be billed. If you do not cancel during the trial period we will automatically charge your credit card the applicable Membership fee. No refunds will be issued after the trial period.

You probably should have read this.   I would suspect cancellation information is in these terms.

What I just posted is just a part of it.

I think my search was for American Greetings.

If no luck, look them up on a BBB search and try any numbers they show...good luck.