Complaint Review: American Greetings

• Updated: Wed, March 30, 2011

• Reported By: ot100 — Other United States of America
American Greetings
One American Road Cleveland, Ohio United States of America

American Greetings AG, Blue Mountain, Webshots SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM, LIARS! Cleveland, Ohio

I joined American Greetings around December 23, 2010. After a week I decided that it really didn't have what I wanted and so I cancelled my monthly subscription with them. Fast forward to March 24, 2011. I received my credit card bill and found out that American Greetings has been billing me all along! I went to their website and tried to find out how to cancel my subscription. Good luck. The cancellation information is buried so deeply that finding the link to stop your subscription is close to impossible. The website is set up in such a way that you can only click on a link, you can't email the company or ask any questions. Then I tried to call them. I've have never in my life had such a difficult or a more frustrating time using the phone. American Greetings has an automated telephone system, one that just gives you options that you must repeat into the phone and then hopefully the system does what you ask. No such luck. It never recognized my voice, no matter how many times I repeated myself! Finally about the 6th or 7th time, I did get an operator but frankly I was better off with the automated system. All I got from this person were canned responses, "no we will not refund your money for those 4 months", "no you never cancelled your subscription before today" (I did), "no I can only issue you a refund for March". Fine issue the March refund. Today is March 30th and not only did they NOT issue a refund for March but they charged me for an additional month! I tried calling them agains today and no luck with the automated phone system.
So people, notify your states Attorney Generals Office through your states Department of Justice and issue a complaint. Then go to the Better Business Bureau and issue a complaint with them. Finally dispute all charges with your credit card company. I have notified my bank that these were unauthorized charges to my credit card and will not be paying them.
We'll see what happens next? Unfortunately there are many websites for consumers on the internet and ALL of them have disgruntled customers from American Greetings.
NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH AMERICAN GREETINGS!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2011 10:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Greetings/Cleveland-Ohio-/American-Greetings-AG-Blue-Mountain-Webshots-SCAM-SCAM-SCAM-SCAM-LIARS-Cleveland-O-711895. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Greetings