• Report: #419331

• Submitted: Mon, February 02, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, February 02, 2009

• Reported By:Barstow California
American Greetings
www.americangreetings.com Cleveland, Ohio U.S.A.

American Greetings unnecessarily difficult to cancel membership Cleveland Ohio

This company makes it unnecessarily difficult to cancel your membership!

I signed up for an e-card membership with them maybe about 4 years ago, sent a couple e-cards, and forgot about it, then set up a membership with another e-card company.

I realized a year ago my credit card was still getting billed and looked into canceling the service. I thought I canceled it, but then I got an e-mail recently advising that my subscription is about to autorenew, and I would need to cancel if I don't want my card to be charged $15.99.

So then I tried calling them a few days ago and made it through the automated system prompts and got on hold, then got disconnected.

Today, I called again, and got disconnected after about a minute on hold. I called back and waited over 20 min. to speak with a customer service person. I told her I wanted to cancel, and she said she was turning off the autorenewal. Yipee! But why did it have to be so hard?

The only way to cancel is by calling them during their customer service hours, which are from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Cleveland time, getting through their automated system and waiting on hold for a while.

They could allow you to cancel via their website as so many other companies do, but they purposely make it difficult for you to cancel. As another person on here noted, it's all a tactic for them to make more money!

Kelly
Barstow, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2009 06:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Greetings/Cleveland-Ohio/American-Greetings-unnecessarily-difficult-to-cancel-membership-Cleveland-Ohio-419331. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Greetings