Complaint Review: American Greetings

• Submitted: Mon, January 21, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, January 21, 2013

• Reported By: Christi — Racine Wisconsin United States of America
American Greetings

American Greetings americangreetings.com Deceptive business practices, fraudulent monthly charges Internet

I recently discovered a monthly charge on my credit account of $3.99 from AG, which I have been charged monthly since March of 2011. I did a quick internet search and found that the company was American Greetings, as well as multiple complaints from others who had been scammed by this company.

Supposedly I signed up for a free 7 day trial in March 2011 and because I did not cancel this trial I was bound in agreement to their contract and thus charged 3.99 monthly indefinitely. I question the legitimacy of this claim entirely as I do not recall ever even visiting their website and still do not even fully understand what they are offering or how it would benefit me.

Even IF I signed up for their "free trial" it is obvious that their full intention is to deceive people by putting somewhere in the small writing that if you do not cancel you will be charged x amount monthly indefinitely and hope people don't notice. Also the charge monthly is just small enough that it is likely to go unnoticed.

I emailed customer service, but just received an email back stating how the charges we not refundable after the trial period, per the terms of agreement. If you try calling their customer service line again you get an automated message stating the charges are not refundable (seems they do a lot to cover their behinds.) If only they were so transparent when people were signing up for their scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2013 07:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Greetings/internet/American-Greetings-americangreetingscom-Deceptive-business-practices-fraudulent-monthly-1000826. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Greetings