Complaint Review: American Guardian Warranty Services

• Updated: Fri, August 13, 2010

• Reported By:Allentown Pennsylvania
American Guardian Warranty Services
800 Roosevelt Rd Glenn Ellyn, Illinois Algeria

American Warranties Service - American Guardian Warranty Services ripoff Glenn Ellyn Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: American Guardian Warranty Services

I have an extended warranty through American Guardian Warranty Services, which I purchased in 2001. Since 12/23 I have been fighting with this company to pay for the transmission I need for my 2001 Pontiac Aztec.

This company immediately denied the claim (making the assumption)that I had not kept up with recommended routine transmission services my car needed. They stated that the transmission fluid was black -therefore, indicating that it had not been changed. The dealer who currently has my car said that was ridicious because the transmission blew up-causing the fluid to be black.

Once I found out that they denied my claim of $3000+ for the transmission I called them and I explained to them, that I do all recommended services on the car and that I just had a trans flush on 10/22/05. Therefore, the transfluid could not have been black because of my neglect. With this I faxed them two invoices showing the transmission flushes done on 10/04 and 10/05 and they stated on 10/23 they would all of the sudden reopen the claim and investigate.

Today, I receive a call stating that the claim is denied and they are looking into it and I need to be patient! Again, they denied the claim on their own assumptions- that is not fair and they should already have everything they need from their first inspection! By the way my Aztec is less than 5 yrs old, has about 45,000 miles and I have no deductibles, or dollar max on my policy, it is also active until 9/06; THEY NEED TO PAY THIS CLAIM!

E
Allentown, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2005 02:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Guardian-Warranty-Services/Glenn-Ellyn-Illinois-60137/American-Warranties-Service-American-Guardian-Warranty-Services-ripoff-Glenn-Ellyn-Illi-169720. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Guardian Warranty Services

American Guardian Warranty Services

AUTHOR: American Guardian Warranty Services - (USA)

Dear Consumer,

We understand this response is not timely in nature, but it was recently brought to our attention. We wanted to take this opportunity to provide you with more information about our company. American Guardian Warranty is a company committed to making sure that all the issues and claims of our customers are fulfilled. AGW serves 535,000 customers and makes payments of nearly $20 million annually. We welcome our customers to contact us for any issues that they have. At AGW, we work tirelessly to make sure we meet the needs of our customers.

We have been working with the Better Business Bureau since May 2000, to help satisfy our customers and their needs.  The BBB is an independent party that provides a fair solution for both consumer and business. They have given us an A+ rating, which is the highest a company can achieve. The only way a company can receive such a rating from the BBB is to resolve issues with consumers using the BBB's solutions. In the past, we've seen companies receive similar complaints that did not resolve their issues as we have. In one case, a company earned an F rating from the BBB for failing to respond well to complaints and then a few months later they went out of business. If you would like to verify our rating with the BBB, please copy and past the following link into your browser: http://bit.ly/aOgwRm

We would like to provide you with the appropriate information so that you can easily reach us. We also encourage individuals to thoroughly read through the warranty agreement to better understand the terms of the agreement. If you still have questions or concerns, feel free to contact us through the following link: http://bit.ly/b5RnyP

We welcome any and all inquiries regarding our company and its products. For additional information check out our website, read our brand new blog, email us at info@agwarranty.com, or give us a call at 1-(800) 579-2233. We look forward to hearing from you!

American Guardian Warranty

To Learn More About AGW, Copy & Paste any of the following links into your browser:
Visit our Website - http://bit.ly/ceHMjm