Complaint Review: American Heartland Insurance

• Updated: Mon, November 15, 2010

• Reported By: Renee — Chicago Illinois United States of America
American Heartland Insurance
5700 Old Orchard Road Skokie, Illinois United States of America

American Heartland Insurance United Eqitable I was offered 50% for my car damages and "so called injuries". Skokie, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Lawyer

I was involved in an auto accident and was trasported via ambulance from the accident site in July 2010. After numerous unanswered calls from this Company, I was told today that they are willing to pay 50% for the car damage and 50% for my "so called injuries" that are questionable. Wow, this was a hard pill to swallow no compassion what so ever. I also was told that this was their final offer not that I had recieved one prior to today. I informed the "supervisor" that I had a problem with having to come out of pocket as a result of their insured causing a collision. I was rear ended mind you. I was told that that was too bad and that was all that I was going to get so do whatever I needed to do at this point. 4 months later ok. We have to take a stand and go straight to the media. If we go in numbers there will not be doubt on our part as this just being one dissatisfied customer who had "so called injuries". Let's network something has got to be done.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2010 11:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Heartland-Insurance/Skokie-Illinois-/American-Heartland-Insurance-United-Eqitable-I-was-offered-50-for-my-car-damages-and-so-662132. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Heartland Insurance

Lawyer

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

Much as I hate to say it, this is one of those situations where you should be talking to a personal injury lawyer.   The average joe will not get anywhere trying to squeeze a fair settlement from an insurance company on an injury accident.   Fortunately, most personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis, so if you really have a case, it won't cost you anything out of pocket.