Complaint Review: American Heritage Tin Sign Factory

• Updated: Thu, July 05, 2012

• Reported By: erikap — Internet United States of America
American Heritage Tin Sign Factory
655 North Tustin, Orange, California, 92867 Internet United States of America

American Heritage Tin Sign Factory sent wrong product, refused return, terrible service, Internet

I regret making a purchase from this company via their website.  While I was on vacation I saw a
novelty sign that I thought was funny. When I returned home, I googled the tagline from the sign and the only place I could find to purchase it was through American Heritage sign company (try googling, "chicks rule, it's not like he was using it).  That link to american heritage took me to a product page with that exact phrase but with a slightly different picture.  Since the site's kind of home-made looking, I figured someone just uploaded an incorrect photo.  The item in the photo had a separate listing and different product description on another page.  (the site has since been changed and the product description for the sign I wanted is now gone, but still cached).  I purchased 2 of the signs, intending for one as a gift, and then selected another sign to meet the company's 3-sign minimum for shipping.  My order confirmation included the description of the product I wanted, so I figured all would be ok.

When the product arrived at my house, I was disappointed to see that the incorrect product was sent.  I immediately contacted american heritage via e-mail since their invoice said they respond to inquiries same-day.  I sent a picture of the item I had wanted along with a copy of my order confirmation that had the product description for the item I was looking for and asked about making a return for exchange for the right product or a refund if what I wanted was not available. Several days later I still hadn't received a response, so I re-sent my inquiry.

The response I got fell far short of decent customer service, "The signs that apparently that were shipped is as was pictured on the web site and as ordered and delivered There appears to be no error in the sign shipped and that was noted on our web site.  If you are dis-satisfied ship the two signs back at your exspense and a credit will be provided with the understanding the signs are returned in the condition they were shipped.  The signs must be returned within ten days or they will be refused for return.  We apologize for the policy established but we do not consider any error in shipping. Robert Anderson"

When I responded politely, saying I  was disappointed that they didn't acknowledge their error and that I would return all 3 signs per the company's stated shipping policy, I got a return message saying that they would refuse any return at all, "Upon further review of the facts involved in your apparent challenge and the nature of your last email we have made a final decision that there was no error in the shipment. The only issue appears to be a decision of yourself to change your initial request."

Never an acknowledgement that their site had the wrong product information!  I can't imagine what kind of business would to treat its customers this way, but I will never be dealing with this business again.  There are too many honest retailers who operate with integrity and accountability - life's just too short to deal with jerks who treat their customers so rudely.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2012 05:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Heritage-Tin-Sign-Factory/internet/American-Heritage-Tin-Sign-Factory-sent-wrong-product-refused-return-terrible-service-907273. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Heritage Tin Sign Factory