Complaint Review: American Home Business Association

• Submitted: Fri, March 21, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, March 21, 2003

• Reported By:Milpitas California
American Home Business Association
4505 S. Wasatch Blvd Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

American Home Business Association Lie Consumer orders the free kit information on-line with credit card then are charged at $30 monthly membership fee without approval Work at home scam Salt Lake City Utah

After watching the TV informercial of Amerian Home Business Association, I ordered the free information/kit through their website http://www.homebusiness.com with credit card, total charge was $24.94, occurred on 2/19/03.

However, I was charged another $29.94 on the following month 3/19/03 on my credit card. I called the company and was told that it's monthly membership fee. I responded that I wasn't aware and that this charge occurred without my prior agreement/approval, nor was this stated on the website where I ordered the free kit from. The guy told me that it was written on the publication sent to me. But this is lying and tricking consumer! He agreed to refund me after I mention about report the fraud, but what about other victims who were scammed and not aware?

To investigate further I went to Better Business Bureau to check it out, just to find out that this company wasn't even registered.

Our economy is bad enough, and people do not need to be robbed further. Please look into it before it scams more victims.

Grace
Milpitas, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2003 05:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Home-Business-Association/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84124/American-Home-Business-Association-Lie-Consumer-orders-the-free-kit-information-on-line-wi-50134. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Home Business Association