Complaint Review: American Home Maintenance, Inc

• Submitted: Fri, October 24, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, December 05, 2008

• Reported By:Tucson Arizona
American Home Maintenance, Inc
2447 N. Stone Ave Tucson, Arizona U.S.A.

American Home Maintenance, Inc Told me my furnance was bad it was not and replacement was $5100. Tucson Arizona

*UPDATE Employee: Where was the ripoff?

I was having a heat check on 10/14/08 and was told I needed a new furnace and a/c unit for a cost of $5100. I asked why I would need a new a/c and was told it was all part of the unit. This is not a heat pump it is 2 seperate units. He went on and on about how good he was and how every tech was to have a camera to look into the furnace. Why wasn't it important to have a carbon monoxide tester with him?

He said I would have carbone monoxide gas coming in but he didn't have a meter to test it and would come back. Well he never even called to make another appointment. I had another company come in for a second opinion an was told there was nothing wrong with my furnace.

Their quality control person called and I told him what happened, he said they would call back but that never happened either. I also sent an email to the company and they have never responded either.

This company is nothing short of thiefs.

Jo
Tucson, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/24/2008 06:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Home-Maintenance-Inc/Tucson-Arizona-85705/American-Home-Maintenance-Inc-Told-me-my-furnance-was-bad-it-was-not-and-replacement-was-384374. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Home Maintenance, Inc

Where was the ripoff?

AUTHOR: Ahm - (U.S.A.)

I have read your report, and the exact copied report you have put up on other sites, and fail to see where exactly you were ripped off? American Home Maintenance came out to your home and did a heat check that, unless our records are different then any copies you have, you were not even charged for. Company records show our technician found cracks in your heat exchanger and was simply giving his recommendation to replace the unit. Is it possible for you to provide some more information about the other company that told you nothing was wrong? Perhaps they left you something you could fax over to us?

American Home Maintenance has been in business in the valley for a number of years and provides excellent service to our customers. We have been the target of valley news team sting operations, and each time we passed with no problems. (A quick search on KPHO, CBS channel 5's website will show you the stories). So I simply ask that you please provide some useful information to anyone who may be a visitor of this site, or other sites like it, so they can get a real idea of what kind of company they deal with. You said you emailed the company about it? May I ask what day, and to whom you emailed your complaint to? We strive to provide excellent service (which includes customer service) and I would love to help you out with any concerns.

For those of you visiting this report, please take the time to verify other sources, such as the Better Business Bureau, Registrar of Contractors, or simply take a look at some of the references/awards/accolades on our website at http://www.americanhomemaintenance.com.

Best Regards,