Complaint Review: American Home Mortgage Servicing Inc

• Updated: Sat, February 18, 2012

• Reported By: Brower — Easton Pennsylvania United States of America
American Home Mortgage Servicing Inc
Regeant Rd Internet United States of America

American Home Mortgage Servicing Inc AHMSI refuses to restructure a foreclosure, offers settlement then renegs, Internet

*Consumer Comment: AHMSI is Terrible!!!!

*Consumer Suggestion: AHMSI

*General Comment: AHMSI is Terrible!!!!

Due to a terrible unemployment situation we entered into foreclosure. We were refused the right to make partial payments. The foreclosure has lasted 3 whole years. This corp. AHMSI has kept us pended for most of these 3 years, promising to take us to the table for a restructurement. We never get there. Fortunatly we are now gainfully employed and can promise to make regular payments if they will only give us a settlement.

Most of the time we speak to the Indian operatives-yes they are in India- and all these people know how to do is ask for 90,000 dollars make up costs and then demand more paperwork.When i do speak or email the USA rep he promises that he is working on it and says he will be back in touch within 10 days. He never returns the promised call. Then I email again and I do get a message back!

He is still working on it and BEAR with him. I usually enjoy a joke but we are very tired anymore and have to come home each day to this expectation. We dont even get billed anymore. There is this prodromal state of waiting. Sometimes there is a postal "note" left on the door to call them. This is upsetting the day that it happens. We are looking into the way to take them through Fed. court for non-compliance, but we cant if the costs are unaffordable.We have read all about Lee Farkas.

We were with TBW before they went out and we were"sold" to AHMSI. There is new material about suits aganst them in Texas and one other state as well. We do want the magic bullet so if there are any legal heads reading this post and you want to respond proactivly please do so. HOWEVER it is our FIRM intent to stay in the HOME so dont give me any bull otherwise. I am ready to make them an offer which is our version of  a settlement. WHO'S WITH ME?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2012 08:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Home-Mortgage-Servicing-Inc/internet/American-Home-Mortgage-Servicing-Inc-AHMSI-refuses-to-restructure-a-foreclosure-offers-se-816660. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Home Mortgage Servicing Inc

AHMSI is Terrible!!!!

AUTHOR: Mistyn - (United States of America)

Thank you very much, Aquacool, for the advice. It looks like that's the route I'll have to take.
Good luck to you.
Mistyn

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AHMSI

AUTHOR: Aquacool - (U.S.A.)

Hello I also had my loan placed with AHMSI "A DEBT COLLECTOR" not even a mortgage company. I was never late on a payment and they tried to force an escrow account on my loan. After a year of lies I hired a lawyer and finaly after 18 months they agreed I don't have an escrow account. I am still waiting for my three months of late charges to be refunded. Anyway what I would suggest to you is to get a lawyer and file a Quite Title claim. AHMSI is only a "DEBT COLLECTOR" they don't own your mortgage. Most likely your mortgage is in a securitized asset backed pass through certificate owned by thousands of foolish investors. They refunded my escrow money and suggested that a declaratory judgement was not needed. I am sure that is because they know they have no legal standing to go into a court room and claim ownership of my mortgage. I think as soon as I have the $2,000 my lawyer said it will cost I am going to file quite title and make these bottom feeder scumbags prove I even owe them. They have a limited amount of time to do that if not they loose. I can't believe with all the complaints I have found about this company no one has filed a class action suit every one can join. A smart law firm could make a fortune with this company. Good luck to you .

#3 General Comment

AHMSI is Terrible!!!!

AUTHOR: Mistyn - (United States of America)

I am in the same situation as you, also my Mortgage was Robosigned.....I have no clue what to do.