Complaint Review: American Home Mortgage Servicing

American Home Mortgage Servicing
P.O. Box 619063 Dallas, Texas United States of America

American Home Mortgage Servicing Flood Insurance Rip-off Dallas, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: sounds like

In April, I received a letter from my mortgage company stating that I needed to buy flood insurance because FEMA changed my area to a flood zone. Interesting because we just had the 100 year flood here and destroyed many homes, but my entire street didn't come close to flooding. Flood stage is 9ft, the river rose to 18ft. Anyway, I called AHMSi and told them that my home was in the clear and they informed me that I needed to get in touch with FEMA and have the maps changed. They gave me 3 months to do this. FEMA took a month to send us all the forms we needed to fill out. We filled all the forms out and it took another 2 weeks for FEMA to tell us that we haveto hire a surveyor to mark our home with GPS. Surveyor is coming this week, however, AHMSi has decided that they are going to purchase flood insurance through their own company and charge us double the amount of regular flood insurance. Called them up and had it out with the supervisor named, Priscilla. Bad Person! Is anyone else going through this?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2011 08:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Home-Mortgage-Servicing/Dallas-Texas-75261/American-Home-Mortgage-Servicing-Flood-Insurance-Rip-off-Dallas-Texas-741011. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Home Mortgage Servicing

sounds like

AUTHOR: Ravenslvr - (U.S.A.)

Trust me, I am in no way defending the company, but it sounds like they might have thought you were not making any headway, so as a precaution and due to their records, purchased the flood insurance anyways. As soon as you have all your paperwork in hand, they will probably drop the extra insurance.

Then again, a lot of people complain abotu them, so you might want to go ahead and look into legal avenues before approaching them. Just in case

engineer