Complaint Review: American Home Remodeling Mooresville, NC

• Submitted: Sun, September 25, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, February 15, 2013

• Reported By: Ripped Off by AHR — Mooresville North Carolina United States of America
American Home Remodeling Mooresville, NC
836 Williamson Rd Ste C Mooresville, North Carolina United States of America

American Home Remodeling Mooresville, NC Dutch Handyman, American Home Remodeling LLC, E&M Home Improvement, Rembrandt Investments Inc, Roy & Company, Dutch Handyman LLC, E & M Home Improvement, Roy's Home Improvement Dutch Handyman Cleaning Took a substantial Deposit for a siding and gutter job but only completed a small portion. Mooresville, North Carolina

*Consumer Suggestion: Contact the Blowing Rock PD

*Consumer Comment: Was this issue resolved?

*Consumer Comment: Great Experience With American Home Remodeling

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Very Inaccurate Information

Paid AHR for siding replacement and gutters on a portion of my home. AHR started but never finished.

On June 1-2011 I hired American Home Remodeling (AHR) to replace the siding and install gutters on a portion of my house. Scott Pruitt assured me he could start the work early the following week since I had water leaking during rainstorms. I gave them a deposit of more than 50% of the contract and after leaving repeated messages I didn't hear from them again until 6/22/2001 after leaving a message for Wes Gregory accusing them of scamming me.

AHR finally hired a subcontractor to do the work. On 7/5/2011 they replaced a small portion of the siding and left some of the house exposed. They did not return until 7/12 when the subcontractor picked up his material and left the job site stating AHR failed to pay him for previous jobs he worked on.

On 7/13/2011 AHR had a painter come to my house and paint a single coat of my paint on the small portion of siding that was replaced. [continued below]....
..... Since 7/13 I have left numerous unanswered messages for Scott Pruitt, Wes Gregory III, and on their Office telephone. No one will return my call.

I am left with a portion of my siding missing and no product to replace it, half a paint job on what little was completed, my shutters have been removed and not reinstalled, 85% of the siding job and 100% of the gutters has not been completed. I paid $1800 for about $300 worth of work and additional damage to my home.  You can see videos of my saga on Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_e-eHDC1k8

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2011 05:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Home-Remodeling-Mooresville-NC/-Mooresville-North-Carolina-28117/American-Home-Remodeling-Mooresville-NC-Dutch-Handyman-American-Home-Remodeling-LLC-EM-781167. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Home Remodeling Mooresville, NC

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Contact the Blowing Rock PD

AUTHOR: Mongoose - (United States of America)

Anyone who has been cheated by this company/companies needs to contact the Blowing Rock PD immediately, Lt. Angel Mahaffey, 828-295-5212.  They already have some complaints against the company and your information will be accepted and helpful to them.

Was this issue resolved?

AUTHOR: Lori - (United States of America)

A friend of mine had a similar encounter with this company and I was just wondering if this consumer's issue was ever resolved? If so how? The company website states the are no longer taking on new projects and the telephone number is unlisted. The video link has been removed.  If anyone has any input on this company please post.

Great Experience With American Home Remodeling

AUTHOR: leslie c - (United States of America)

American Home Remodeling  Fantastic, Wonderful to work with,  Excellent Work, High Quality,  Mooresville, North Carolina  It was about a year and a half ago that American Home Remodeling built my covered deck on the back of my home in Davidson. I have to tell anyone who would ask that the work is excellent. It took about 3 weeks longer than originally planned but weather played a part of that. I think Construction of any sort is difficult at best when you are a homeowner and not used to things being torn apart then put back together but everyone that was here at my house working on this was very professional and friendly. When I received a call today from AHR asking if I would take the time to write this review, I told them I would gladly give them my stamp of approval. Thank you all so much for a wonderful job!It seems sad to me that people use these type of sites to slander individuals and companies so maybe my post here will make a difference to someone reading this.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Very Inaccurate Information

AUTHOR: scott p - (United States of America)

The Dates are close to being correct; however the content is very skewed.  American Home Remodeling agreed to complete more than $10,000.00 of repairs at the residence listed above.  We took a modest deposit for the work that was to be completed and typically require 1/2 of the balance upon contract signing and progress payments (construction draws) as is the standard of the industry.  We were constantly harassed by the homeowner who has gone out of his way to post negative information about American Home Remodeling on the internet and Terminated the contract at his request.  We informed him that all deposits are non-refundable (clearly printed on our contracts) and that we would be happy to complete the project if he could keep his temper in check.  The Homeowners attitude and temperment was the reason the two sub-contractors refused to continue to work at the residence.