Complaint Review: American Home Sheild/ Service Master

• Submitted: Thu, May 03, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, May 03, 2007

• Reported By:Ridgewood New Jersey
American Home Sheild/ Service Master
RIdgewood, New Jersey U.S.A.

American Home Sheild/ Service Master Rip-off and deceptive business practices BY AHS (American Home Sheild) RIdgewood New Jersey

I called American Home Shield to report that my hot water heater which is connected to my boiler was leaking and flooding my basement. The representatives use every possible excuse to tell me why this item was not covered under my warrantee. After moving up the chain of supervisors and pulling out my contract, they finally conceded that the item was covered, but found another deceptive way of not paying for the claim. They kept calling plumbers that did not do this type of work and waited until I had no choice but to hire my own plumber.

By the time they agreed that the claim was valid, two days of no water had passed and we waited for a service person that showed up on to inform us that he did not do this type of work. More telephone calls back and forth to ASH and a new service person was called and he informed my wife that he would not be able to come to our house for two more days. On the second day he called and asked me to explain the problem. I explained the problem on the telephone and he informed me that he also was not able to do this type of work. I called ASH and informed them that I had no water for almost four days and I needed to call my own plumber and I wanted to be reimbursed; they told me that I would get a call back from a supervisor which never occurred. A week or so later I filed a complaint and was told to submit the bill for reimbursement. To date AHS has denied my claim and has refuses to pay for the work that I had an outside contractor perform. ASH (American Home Shield) is a RIP-OFF. I will never ever do business with this company again and suggest you do the same.

Ridgewood, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2007 01:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Home-Sheild-Service-Master/RIdgewood-New-Jersey-07450/American-Home-Sheild-Service-Master-Rip-off-and-deceptive-business-practices-BY-AHS-Amer-246719. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Home Sheild/ Service Master