Complaint Review: American Home Sheild

• Submitted: Mon, July 20, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, July 20, 2009

• Reported By:jackson Mississippi
American Home Sheild
1239 Wooddell Dr. Jackson, Mississippi U.S.A.

American Home Sheild Ten weeks and oven still not repaired. Carroll Iowa

Don't expect American Home Sheild to uphold its obligation to replace your appliance if it is too old to be repaired in a reasonable amount of time. I phoned a technician to repair my built-in oven. It turned out the thermostat was bad and they no longer make thermostats for that model. Rather than replace the oven at their expense like the contract states they offered me $200 of the cost of a new one. (A double decker oven which fits in the built in space would cost about $1000). When I refused they told me they would have to send the thermostat out to be rebuilt and it would take six weeks to get it back. That did not strike me as fullfiling their contractual obligation since it would deprive me of use of the oven for that period, but since I was going to be gone on vacation for most of that period I agreed, figuring that the oven would be repaired as soon as I returned home. When the six weeks were up I called them back to complain that oven had still not been fixed. They said they part had not yet been rebuilt. I called a week later and finally I got a call from Customer Service saying the part was in and the technician would be out Friday or Saturday to put it in. I hung around the house for the better part of both days and he never showed up. It is now ten weeks since I asked AHS to repair my oven.

It is now ten weeks and I still don't have a working oven.

Susan
jackson, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2009 04:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Home-Sheild/Jackson-Mississippi-39212/American-Home-Sheild-Ten-weeks-and-oven-still-not-repaired-Carroll-Iowa-471691. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Home Sheild