Complaint Review: American Home Shield - AHS

• Updated: Thu, September 03, 2009

• Reported By: SHAHPOUR — ENCINO California USA
American Home Shield - AHS
AHS, PO BOX 851 MEMPHIS, Tennessee United States of America

American Home Shield - AHS AMERICAN HOME SHIELD CORPORATION, AMERICAN HOME SHIELD OF ARIZONA, INC., AMERICAN HOME SHIELD OF CALIFORNIA, ETC. AMERICAN HOME SHIELD ,AHS IS A SCAM!!! DO NOT GET SUCKERED INTO IT. MEMPHIS, Tennessee

I was stupid enough to pay American Home Shield for five (5) years.
Every instance when I called for a repair, they would provide me with an excuse that my claim was not covered and I had to pay the technician for their trip!

Oh, I must admit that they did replace my kitchen facuet, the catch is that they replaced a $300 faucet with a $40 faucet!!! (It pays to have insurance Huh!!!)

Another time they came to the house to repair the built in oven but refused to work since the oven was framed into the cabinets. They told me that you have to remove all framing around the oven before they can work! They charged me and left and charged me a second time when they came back to repair the oven!!!

When I called them about my dishwasher they serviceman candidly told me that the repair will be a band-aid and not a permanent fix and I should really change the machine. I reviewed my  contract and luckily I had coverage for the dishwasher with upgrade but AHS told me that they would pay me $140 and would not replace the machine! I really do not know how does make any sense, they want to pay me $140 for a dishwasher that will cost me $850 to replace!!!

They refused my claim on HVAC repair claiming that I did not maintain the system!

I would not recommend them to anyone.

It's all a scam and I will gladly testify and would be happy to join a Class Action Lawsuit against them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2009 07:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Home-Shield-AHS/MEMPHIS-Tennessee-38101-9010/American-Home-Shield-AHS-AMERICAN-HOME-SHIELD-CORPORATION-AMERICAN-HOME-SHIELD-OF-ARIZ-489809. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Home Shield - AHS