Complaint Review

860 Ridge Lake Blvd. Memphis, Tennessee U.S.A. Phone:
800-776-4663
Category:
Home Warranty Companies

American Home Shield ,American Home Shield Corporation HOME WARRANTY IS RIPOFF WHEN NEED SERVICE: WASHER ISSUE Memphis Internet

In May 2007, I purchased a Home Warranty recommended by my realtor. By 7/07, my washing machine needed service for a leak. Since July - I have had numerous technician visits from American Home Appliance located near me in NJ. The same parts were replaced twice each. The tech was horrible. Some were under warranty from Sears. Sears states that AHS dictates everything they do even though Sears recommended replacing the machine, AHS did not.

I have spent approx. $800 between the warranty program, service visits and doing laundry in a laundromat for my family of six consistently since 12/26/07 (the date of the most recent service request.) The leaks have runied the floor in an adjacent room. We had to replace the floor - another $200. I tried calling and each time I am told that someone will call - which they never do.

Finally, after calling in another service request I spoke to a young lady who was very accomodating (after I screamed my head off). She forwarded my complaint to another lady who called me back. This person stated that after my scheduled visit coming up on 3/11, I was to call her and tell her if the machine has finally been repaired completely. This time I received the tel # to the main HQ - 901-266-7600 or 1-866-343-5674. I told her that if it wasn't repaired this time, I demand an new machine. If the request is denied, then I will purchase my own and start litigation against AHS. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS WARRANTY.

Lucita
City, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2008 11:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Home-Shield-Corporation/Memphis-Tennessee-38120-9417/American-Home-Shield-American-Home-Shield-Corporation-HOME-WARRANTY-IS-RIPOFF-WHEN-NEED-S-315309. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Home Shield Corporation