Complaint Review: American Home Shield Corporation

• Updated: Wed, September 19, 2012

• Reported By: Narvella — Lithonia Georgia United States of America
American Home Shield Corporation

American Home Shield Corporation A RIP OFF Internet

I have had American Home Shield for 3 years with 2 service calls being made during that time.  My 17 year old air conditioner needed repair, after 3 days a repairman came out, I paid the $75 fee for repairs that he claimed were made to my unit and was told he would be back the next day to complete the next step once American Home Shield approved them.  I received a very unprofessional voicemail the next morning at 8:15 from a rep from AHS letting me know that the repairs would not be approved because of code violations.  I called the rep back, asked what the code violation is and was told that the Heating & Air company didn't let them know.  Uhhh, how can you make a determination on approving repairs without knowing the code?  I contacted the heating & air company and asked what the code was and surprisingly they didn't know either; so needless to say I have been hustled.
Once I receive the mysterious code I will be getting different assessments on the unit and if they are not in line with AHS's decision legal action will be taken.

How do you keep a 17 year old air conditioner up to code, especially when code updates are not sent out by your home warranty provider; so this would mean everything in my 17 year old house is not covered.

If you are thinking of purchasing a home warranty DO NOT sign up with American Home Shield, I had heard horror stories from other people but hadn't experienced them.  On March 26,2013 I will not be renewing this contract!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2012 06:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Home-Shield-Corporation/internet/American-Home-Shield-Corporation-A-RIP-OFF-Internet-943357. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Home Shield Corporation