Complaint Review: American Home Shield Home Warranty

• Submitted: Thu, November 15, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, November 15, 2012

• Reported By: Shotziepa — Glen Mills Pennsylvania United States of America
American Home Shield Home Warranty

American Home Shield Home Warranty AHS Give you the run around and bully you into repairing it yourself, Internet

I called to file a complaint that my heater wasn't working.   The company they dispatched the work to called the following day and was able to come out that day.  So i leave work and come hom to meet him and he had no idea why my heater overheated and tripped the kill switch. He said it was probably just a fluke.

He leaves, I go to home depot and come back an hour later and my heater isnt working again.  I call AHS and they have the co come out again the next day.  It overheated and tripped the kill switch  again.  The guy says he needs to call the manufacturer and do some research and he will follow up with me the next day (Fri).

The following day (3rd day) the office man calls and says the manufacturer hasnt come up w a solution yet but he'll get back to my by the end of the day (it's Fri).  Mon morning he calls and wants to send a

2nd guy out to check the pipe to the chimney to see if it's clogged.  He checks it, not clogged, and unflips the kill switch.  Says he has no idea and is baffeled.

The following Tues and Wed the kill switch needs to be untripped 3 times.  I call AHS, the 1st co does not want to come out again and they are now sending a 2nd co, 3rd technician to the house.  I was told if this man still can't figure it out, they will have to send someone else.  I've spent 2 hrs on the phone with customer service at AHS.

How many times do I have to leave work to come home and have someone say they don't know why?  They are  bullying me into replacing it myself so i don't lose my job.  They leave you on hold forever, they force you to tell your story to everyone who answers the phone over an over again.  And they won't give you any phone#, besides the main 800#. They just give you the run around until you give up.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2012 11:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Home-Shield-Home-Warranty/internet/American-Home-Shield-Home-Warranty-AHS-Give-you-the-run-around-and-bully-you-into-repairin-969690. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Home Shield Home Warranty