Complaint Review: American Home Shield Warranty AHS ahs.com

• Submitted: Thu, January 27, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, May 17, 2011

• Reported By: umustbetold — los angeles California U.S.A.
American Home Shield Warranty AHS ahs.com

American Home Shield Warranty AHS ahs.com Fraud Lies Unauthorized Deceptive Billing Threats to my Credit Sexual Abuse Failure to Provide a service los angeles, california Internet

*General Comment: Excellent timely replacement of broken appliance

Where do i begin ?

This company was forced on me when I purchased a home. They went over all of my appliances and agreed to cover everything including my non ducted air conditioner .

5 YEARS,7 ISSUES

1. AHS sent out a plumber that was sexually abusive , he chased me around my house until i found myself standing on the front lawn. I reported it to AHS they ignored me.

1. AHS abused my credit card. Renewed my contract without asking and double billed me. I complained and once again , they ignored me .

2. AHS sent out a repair person who stated I needed a complete replacement on a covered appliance but he could not recommend it because they would not use him as a subcontractor in the future if the recommended replacement.

3. My credit card expired and my payment was over due BY 5 days. AHS sent a collection letter, yes COLLECTION, threatening my credit etc. After I updated my credit card info and paid, they still sent threatening letters.

4. Nearing the end of my 5 year contract I needed service on my air conditioner (the one i mentioned earlier) . They sent out a repair tech who immediately said it was not covered, he said there would be no fee and left.Months later i was charged a service fee from AHS. AHS said even if the tech didnt charge for the visitit they do.

5. 5 years of paying extra fees for a non covered item. UNFAIR No compensation offered. I complained, once again ignored.
  1. At that point I was FINISHED. I cancelled and paid off the balance of my contract but unfortunately,thats not the end. AHS refused to give me a paid in full statement and a letter stating i cancelled my contract. I had to cancel my credit card to stop the monthly charges and they absolutely will not give me a cancellation letter. AHS said that it would automatically cancel if they dont have my credit card # but they DO have it and they will renew without your permission. The will not put anything in writing. Weird.
At this time they have the monopoly in this area just like ebay does in auctions but one day they will both be put in there place.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2011 11:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Home-Shield-Warranty-AHS-ahscom/internet/American-Home-Shield-Warranty-AHS-ahscom-Fraud-Lies-Unauthorized-Deceptive-Billing-Threa-687585. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Home Shield Warranty AHS ahs.com

#1 General Comment

Excellent timely replacement of broken appliance

AUTHOR: Eric - (United States of America)

AHS in Wisconsin.  I reside in Wisconsin.  I only recall good professional experiences, when using AHS. When my refrigerator broke down they sent a repairman out twice to service it, within a two month period.  The third and last visit on the refrigerator, the repairman found the unit was irreparable. He notified AHS and they replaced my fridge.  It was a Sub Zero and they replaced it with a Sub Zero.

Many of the complaints I have read about AHS aren't actually due to AHS.  They are due to poor repairmen, who have contracted with AHS.  They are local small business people performing sub par repairs.

I have retained AHS for the past five years and use their services at least two or three times per year. I have always received great professional service from them, but occasionally found it necessary to keep an eye on the contracted local repairman.

Thank you AHS, for being there for me when you were needed most.

Eric