- Report: #687585
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: American Home Shield Warranty AHS ahs.com
American Home Shield Warranty AHS ahs.comInternet United States of America
American Home Shield Warranty AHS ahs.com Fraud Lies Unauthorized Deceptive Billing Threats to my Credit Sexual Abuse Failure to Provide a service los angeles, california Internet
*General Comment: Excellent timely replacement of broken appliance
Where do i begin ?
This company was forced on me when I purchased a home. They went over all of my appliances and agreed to cover everything including my non ducted air conditioner .
5 YEARS,7 ISSUES
1. AHS sent out a plumber that was sexually abusive , he chased me around my house until i found myself standing on the front lawn. I reported it to AHS they ignored me.
- AHS abused my credit card. Renewed my contract without asking and double billed me. I complained and once again , they ignored me .
- AHS sent out a repair person who stated I needed a complete replacement on a covered appliance but he could not recommend it because they would not use him as a subcontractor in the future if the recommended replacement.
- My credit card expired and my payment was over due BY 5 days. AHS sent a collection letter, yes COLLECTION, threatening my credit etc. After I updated my credit card info and paid, they still sent threatening letters.
- Nearing the end of my 5 year contract I needed service on my air conditioner (the one i mentioned earlier) . They sent out a repair tech who immediately said it was not covered, he said there would be no fee and left.Months later i was charged a service fee from AHS. AHS said even if the tech didnt charge for the visitit they do.
- 5 years of paying extra fees for a non covered item. UNFAIR No compensation offered. I complained, once again ignored.
- At that point I was FINISHED. I cancelled and paid off the balance of my contract but unfortunately,thats not the end. AHS refused to give me a paid in full statement and a letter stating i cancelled my contract. I had to cancel my credit card to stop the monthly charges and they absolutely will not give me a cancellation letter. AHS said that it would automatically cancel if they dont have my credit card # but they DO have it and they will renew without your permission. The will not put anything in writing. Weird.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2011 11:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Home-Shield-Warranty-AHS-ahscom/internet/American-Home-Shield-Warranty-AHS-ahscom-Fraud-Lies-Unauthorized-Deceptive-Billing-Threa-687585. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.