Complaint Review: American Home Shield Warranty

• Reported By: lori — Miami Florida
American Home Shield Warranty
Miami, Florida USA

American Home Shield Warranty TWO WEEKS WITH NO AC Miami, Florida

Almost two weeks ago, my Air Conditioner quit working.  As of today, I am still waiting for your company to follow through on the terms of the warranty.

On April 19, I contacted AHS and submitted a service request.  On April 20, I was contacted by Air Connection Mechanical.  On April 21, I took off from work 2 hours to meet the tech.  The AC Tech, Joel, arrived, looked at my unit and stated the breaker was bad and I needed an electrician.  I asked the tech to please look at the unit to see if it could be something else.  He said he could not do that.
I contacted AHS and submitted a service request for an electrician.  The electrical company contacted me to schedule an appointment.  The representative was extremely rude and stated the only time they would be able to  send someone would be Wednesday, April 23 as they are located in Port St. Lucie and I am in Miami.  I do not understand why I would be referred to a company which was located 2 hours away from my residence.  So now, I am into five days with no AC in hot and humid Miami, Florida.
On Wednesday, April 23, I again took off 2 hours from work to meet the electrician.  When he arrived, he checked the Breaker.  Here is the best part.......THE ELECTRICIAN STATED THE BREAKER WAS FINE!  I call  AHS and submitted another work request for the AC tech to return.  It was scheduled for Thursday, April 24, Day 6.  I had to take 4 hours off from work.  He arrives and checks the unit.  The tech now says it the condenser and he has to order the part.  The tech said I will be contacted to schedule the repair.  On Friday, April 25, I had not heard from anyone.  I called AHS and was advised the repair was approved and the part was simply waiting for the tech to pick it up.  I then called Air Mechanical to find out when the tech would return to fix my unit.  The representative stated that the soonest he could return will be Tuesday, April 29.  This was unacceptable to me and I began to question what was going on.  At that point, she stated that the Manufacturer did not have the part, although AHS stated the part was waiting to be picked up by the tech.  I am well aware that they would not order a part directly from the Manufacturer either! I went another whole weekend with no air conditioning in Miami, Florida with 90 degree weather.
Today, Monday, April 28, I contacted Air Mechanical and was advised they would be here between 11 am and 1 pm.  I again took off from work to be here and it appears I will be missing at least 6 hours today.  When they still had not arrived, I contacted Air Mechanical again and was advised the tech was picking up the part, will be here in 20 minutes, and it will take 2 hours to repair.  I am still sitting here with no AC waiting for the tech to arrive.
It has been 9 extremely hot days with no air.  I have missed a total of 10 hours from work to get this fixed.  When I am not at work, I do not get paid.  I am a single mom trying to support 2 children.  A warranty is supposed to help the consumer, not hurt the consumer.  If I had been able to use my own AC company this problem would have been fixed by the 3rd day.  However, according to my policy, I had to use AHS companies and here I am 9 days without Air Conditioning!  I am hot, sweaty, and extremely frustrated and no one in this company seems to care or want to help.  What exactly did I pay for..............to be treated poorly, to not have my AC fixed in a timely manner?  Where is the customer service.
Next, I intend to file a complaint with the BBB regarding AHS and Air Mechanical Connection.
Hopefully, my unit will be fixed today but time will tell.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2014 11:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Home-Shield-Warranty/Miami-Florida/American-Home-Shield-Warranty-TWO-WEEKS-WITH-NO-AC-Miami-Florida-1142357. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Home Shield Warranty