Approximately one year ago, we purchased a home as well as the AHS Home Warranty Policy. This spring we found that our pool did not work, called the "original installer" of the pool who told us that the controller was faulty. After a four month battle with AHS they finally replaced the controller. Ah, but the story does not end there.
Last month, we called our air conditioning service person who said that we needed a new coil as the present one was leaking. AHS sent a representative who confirmed the need for a new coil and said he was ordering the part. After five weeks, four calls to the AHS representative with no response, we finally called AHS and were told that the claim was denied the day after the AHS rep was at our home.
The AHS story is that the coil leaked because of improper "past maintaince" and that there was no coverage under the policy. How we or anyone would ever know of "perported" past improper coil maintainance when we purchased the home is hard to determine, but suffice it to say, our contractor disagrees. Notwithstanding this AHS told us today, case closed, no recourse, claim denied.
Several things are apparent about AHS.
1. There is a concerted effort if not policy to reject claims on there face.
2. If a claim is questioned, the customer service is "intended" to frustrate the customer into submission.
3. The warrantly policy is patently fraudulent and intended to misrepresent the "true" coverages with fine print and lack of clear understandable definitions.
4. Policies sold through realtors lead home buyers to believe that coverages are significantly broader that the "fine print" details.
5. The exculpatory language in the policy is cleary intended to obfiscate and give almost total latitude to reject claims that homeowners thought were covered by the policy.
It is intentionally misleading and unclear to even trained professionals.
6. Realtors endorsing or making this product available to consuners rarely give sufficient detail about coverages and AHS claims policy.
I am speaking to Class Action attorneys presently. If you wish to join in such an action, please contact me through this site
elkins park, Pennsylvania